1. Overall Purpose
1.1 On site senior management responsible for the control and co-ordination of production and support activities to achieve manufacturing objectives for the Edinburgh factory.
1.2 To contribute to manufacturing strategy development for Edinburgh.
1.3 Potential to deputise for Factory Manager
2. Key Tasks
2.1 To ensure manufacturing practices for ‘people safety’ (including Health & Safety and Hygiene) satisfy legal and corporate requirements.
2.2 To ensure manufacturing practices for ‘product safety’ satisfy legal and corporate requirements and facilitate customer confidence.
2.3 To develop and achieve manufacturing budget and operating targets annually. Implement optimum cost reductive initiatives.
2.4 To ensure that all staff work effectively together under an integrated management structure to achieve manufacturing objectives.
2.5 To liaise with Supply Chain management to ensure optimum utilisation of manufacturing capacity and delivery of customer service targets in the short and medium term.
2.6 To develop and drive a Continuous Improvement programme through the application of appropriate and lading edge techniques, e.g. Lean manufacture, TPM.
2.7 To contribute towards manufacturing strategic initiatives at factory level to include people safety, product safety, customer confidence, volume, new product opportunities, capital investment, cost, industrial relations, terms and conditions and working practices in line with corporate and factory requirements.
2.8 In conjunction with Chief Engineer develop and deliver an effective planned preventative maintenance strategy that delivers optimum machine reliability and availability to maximise plant utilisation opportunities.
2.9 In conjunction with HR Manager, negotiate annual pay and conditions with local trade union representatives.
2.10 In conjunction with site Senior Management team drive Supply, Technical, HR and Engineering standards to achieve agreed Company Objectives.
3 Key Skills / Experience
- High level of professional / specialist technical knowledge in manufacturing (gained through an academic / vocational qualification and / or several years of practical experience at senior level within a FMCG organisation.
- Proven leadership skills – leading managers to manage effectively through change.
- Change agent – initiates and drives business improvement activity.
- Logical, analytical and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Highly numerate and detail conscious.
- High level business / commercial / financial acumen.
- Strong communication and influencing skills – ability to build effective business relationships across all functions / levels.
- 11 months ago