Vertex is a leading international Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) and Customer Management Outsourcing business (CMO) with clients in the Financial Services, Utilities and private and public sectors.
As the everyday face of our client’s operations we have 15,000+ people in 75 locations delivering consulting, IT, debt management and BPO solutions to 100+ clients in the UK, US, Canada, Australia and India.
If you’re looking for a more rewarding and secure home for your talents, look no further than Vertex. We need Experienced and motivated people who can display the right behaviours to join us and uphold our high standards of customer service. In short, we need people to be there for our customers when they’re needed most. And, in return, we’ll invest in your training and development to make you an expert in your respective field.
In order to continue to build and grow our business groups, it's important to us to attract and retain the best talent in our industry, and do all we can to help them reach their full potential. That's why it's so important to embrace and support people's differences, whatever they may be, and give them the freedom to realise their goals, both in and out of work.
The key purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver technical, procedural, soft skills and sales training and development solutions to contracts in line with business strategy.
- Input to the design of material and evaluate the effectiveness of training delivered.
- Engage delegates and effectively manage group dynamics to ensure effective learning.
- Maintain training material to support professional delivery.
- Engage with the wider VFS Learning & Development Team to share best practice
Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Facilitation of technical, procedural, soft skills or sales training using a range of methods and tools to engage delegates and help ensure effective learning. This will predominantly involve induction and contract-specific training to front line employees.
- Reviews training materials and updates/revises as necessary in line with version control to maintain a professional image.
- Inputs into training solution through the design of technical and procedural training as required, to meet business requirements.
- Works with the Training & Competence Officer to develop soft skill and sales training material to meet Vertex and client requirements.
- Responsible for course planning and preparation with occasional general administration and reporting support.
- Conducts evaluation of the training delivered and produces reports highlighting outcomes to the Training Manager. Through end of course assessments and evaluations ensures that training standards are maintained.
- Escalates issues to the Training & Competence Officer where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with customers and delegates, actively seeks feedback.
- Ensures own knowledge of the business and training materials is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure subject matter experts/Compliance sign off training material as appropriate.
- Supports the Training & Competence Officer in conducting training needs analysis within the contracts.
- Identifies opportunities for improving training to support operational performance improvement.
- Provides feedback to delegates and line managers on progress within training and academy.
- Works with the operation to provide level one staff with an Academy environment suitable for continual development.
- Works with Operation to support Performance Coaching of front line staff in support of a Performance Culture
Core Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Able to communicate effectively and have the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner, using the most appropriate medium.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, ensuring all training materials are presented in a professional manner.
- Is able to keep delegates engaged by effectively responding to group dynamics and tailoring style accordingly.
- Able to effectively facilitate in a formal training environment, to create discussion through group dynamics to enhance the learning.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in both design and delivery.
- A good knowledge of best practice training and development tools and techniques is desirable.
Internal clients/customers include:
- Operational Managers and HR colleagues
- Colleagues within the VFS Learning & Development Team.
- Management Development Consultants
- Client contacts
- Professional bodies e.g. Scottish Institute of Bankers and Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Client & Customer Focus
- Working with Others
- Developing Others
- Confidence & Communication
- Expert Knowledge
- Planning & Reviewing
We drive to be commercially successful, are effective in delivering to our clients customers and we structure our business for maximum efficiency
we are honest and transparent in commercial dealings, responding to mistakes openly and quickly, giving fair and accurate feedback to colleagues
we are results/outcomes based, not stopping until we have delivered. Organisational and individual performance are constantly reviewed
we are known for being great practitioners, deepening our learning every day, collaborating and sharing information
The jobholder is expected to have training experience in a mortgage/secure lending environment.
It is expected that the jobholder will hold or be willing to work towards a professional training qualification e.g. Certificate in Training Practice or equivalent
CeMAP or an equivalent qualification is also desirable.
This Job Profile is designed to cover the Key elements of a role and will not be an exhaustive list of tasks or responsibilities. As always an individual’s personal accountabilities will be set by their manager, who may find it appropriate to include a reasonable percentage of duties from other roles even if this role is at a different level.
Vertex Business Services
- 12 months ago