Who are we?
Hiscox, a FTSE 250 company domiciled in Bermuda since 2006, is a leading specialist insurer with a diverse portfolio of personal and commercial risks. With 100 years of underwriting heritage, we now have more than 1,100 staff, with offices in 11 countries. In 2010, the Group controlled a gross premium income of £1,432.7 million with a pre-tax profit of £211.4 million.
As a market leader in our chosen areas of business, we cover risks that range from marine, terrorism, aerospace, technology, media and professional indemnity through to high value personal insurance, such as homes and contents, fine art, bloodstock and kidnap and ransom.
We are not a mass producer of insurance policies but focus on key areas of expertise and strength. We specialise in protecting people with unusual and often complicated insurance needs.
There are three main underwriting parts of the Group. Hiscox London Market, Hiscox UK and Europe, and Hiscox International:
- Hiscox London Market underwrites mainly internationally traded business in the London Market – generally large or complex business which needs to be shared with other insurers or needs the international licences of Lloyd’s
- Hiscox International includes operations in Bermuda and Guernsey and Hiscox USA offering a range of specialist insurance and reinsurance
- Hiscox UK and Hiscox Europe offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers, as well as high net worth individuals.
Our business philosophy
The best people
Any business is only as good as the people it employs. We aim to employ the best people to produce the best insurance solutions and deliver the best service possible.
The best clients
Hiscox has three vital questions for every risk - "Who is the insured? Who is the insured? Who is the insured?". Who we insure is crucially more important than what we insure. Whatever the business, be it a global oil company or a one man professional practice, we are interested in the management and how the business is run. Our belief is that the good insured always pays too much, and the bad insured too little. By seeking out the good insureds and avoiding the bad, we are able to offer wide cover at reasonable premiums.
All of our products have been designed with our customers’ specific needs in mind. Creative use of technology has also improved distribution and enabled us to respond even more quickly and effectively to our customers. Unlike many of our competitors, Hiscox really is an organisation that thrives on change.
Working within a target driven environment, you are expected to drive performance excellence within a team of inbound and outbound customer advisors, identifying opportunities for selling and up-selling a range of insurance products relating to our services and coaching the team to achieve pre-determined targets.
You will be required to coach the team to accurately profile the customers’ requirements, match and ensure that the appropriate product is sold in line with FSA regulations. You will be required to identify areas of opportunity and play a key role in driving those changes within Hiscox and the outsource partners.
- Provide in-depth sales coaching
- Develop sales skills and awareness to missed opportunities
- Develop and follow up training courses
- Compile reports for Hiscox and OSP highlighting issues identified and proposed solution/actions taken
- Adhere and comply with FSA regulations in all cases
- Coaching aid to TM’s and advisors
- Awareness of sales performance
- Work with Operations and Quality Manager to contribute to improve sales
- Implement individual training plans and trackers
- Have the ability to summarise and deliver information with confidence and impact
- Conduct call calibration sessions to ensure all TM’s are coaching at an equal level
- Possess excellent closing techniques and the ability to close sales at the first point of contact
- Coach maximising revenue and sales through up selling skills
- Ensure high level of professionalism is maintained all times while on OSP site
- Ensure a relationship of trust is built with the OSP teams
- Lead by example when it comes to customer management
- Represent the Hiscox brand
- Build strong relations with the Quality and Underwriting within Hiscox
- Work with Hiscox team members to drive improvement
- Relevant experience in a coaching position, preferably in Financial Services/Insurance environment
- Exceptional time management and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills (fluency in written and spoken English is essential)
- Reasonable presentation skills
- Experience of coaching and developing others. Ability to call monitor, assess the output and provide feedback on areas for improvement
- Experience of identifying areas of improvement and rolling out actions to address these
- Ability to monitor performance and drive small change processes
- Familiar with call centre reporting terminology, customer experience matrixes and operational performance measures
- Proficient on Microsoft Office
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Hiscox offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.
- 14 months ago