Senior Sport and Physical Activity Officer
Purpose of the Job
To work with the Sport and Physical Activity Section and partners to organise, administer, deliver and monitor a range of sport and physical activity programmes including the Sportlink programme, Activezone Holiday Programme and links with the voluntary sector.
1. To actively support and contribute to the implementation and ongoing development of the sport & physical activity development service action plan.
2. To be directly responsible for increasing children and young people participation in sport & physical activity with particular emphasis on managing the Sportlink programme.
3. Co-ordination of a range of sport & physical activity opportunities for children and young people.
4. To work in partnership with internal and external agencies to manage and develop a range of holiday sports programmes (Activezone) across the authority at leisure centres, schools, sports colleges and community facilities
5. To assist in the monitoring and control of budgets for specific programmes and events in accordance with the council’s financial regulations
6. Liaison with primary school head teachers, PE co-ordinators and teachers to ensure the effectiveness of the Sportlink and Sportszone programmes.
7. Develop and implement, on a local level, time limited programmes e.g. Chance2shine, Sportivate and other projects as relevant to the post
8. Establish links between schools and suitable clubs to ensure a natural
progression from Sportlink and Activezone to community provision.
9. In conjunction with Dudley MBC MarComms produce and implement marketing plans around holiday programmes
10. Establish links between schools and suitable clubs to ensure a natural progression from PE and extra curricular sport to community provision.
11. Work with the Black Country Sports Partnership and the local voluntary sector sports clubs to develop the Clubmark Accreditation Scheme.
12. Produce monitoring information and assist with the preparation of project evaluation reports to the external funding agents where necessary
13. Liaison with the Youth Sport Trust, Sport England, National Governing Bodies of Sport and voluntary sports club to enhance sport & physical activity opportunities in a safe, structured and co-ordinated manner.
14. Assist in the co-ordination and improvement of competitive opportunities for children and young people through School sport festivals
15. Assist and deputise for the Senior Sport and Physical Activity Officer in the management and co-ordination of the Black Country School Games.
16. Work with key agencies to develop opportunities for streetsport and informal recreational activity.
17. Monitor and evaluate the work associated with the post by producing work programmes and reports for consideration by the senior sports development officer.
18. Monitor the membership of Seal of Sportlink Coaches and Identify and co-ordinate the relevant training of all staff engaged on the programmes.
19. Produce performance management information linking with the authorities Council Plan and Community Plan and the sections Service Plan.
20. Represent the section at meetings relevant to the post.
Key Accountabilities - To be accountable for and promote equal opportunity, diversity and community cohesion to meet Council, Directorate and Service objectives. All employees have a responsibility not only for their own behaviour, but also for others regarding equality of opportunity. Any incident must be reported.
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
- To participate in a Performance Review and Development meeting and undertake a plan of training where necessary. Develop his/her own skills and expertise in a professional manner.
- In addition to all the responsibilities listed above, all employees must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties that are commensurate with post holders level, wherever they may be, to achieve the objectives of the Directorate.
- To represent the Council and Directorate in a professional manner meeting the Corporate and Directorate aims. To comply with Directorate and Corporate policies.
- If appropriate to be responsible for the recruitment and performance management of designated teams and individuals in accordance with Corporate and Directorate aims and management style.
- To comply with the councils financial regulation and standing orders.
- To actively promote Dudleys commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at a level appropriate to this role and setting.
- Employees must comply with health and safety legislation and will be required to comply with the Councils Health and Safety Policies. All employees must ensure that they take reasonable care of their own health and safety as well as the health and safety of any person that is affected by their actions.
- To be responsible for adhering to legislative requirements and Council Policies and Procedures including, but not exclusively health and safety, Data Protection and Internet/Email use.
- 11 months ago