My client is currently looking for a Data Analyst to join their team in Central London on a long term contract basis.
Experience in managing and analysing large amounts of data
Advise & support line managers in the Design team through monitoring data collection and processing data collected through the sewer monitoring program for the TT to use in determining CSO occurrences, verify catchment models and enable general system planning.
Budget responsibility – as required
- Line management – nil
- Supervisory - nil
Assurance responsibility – Undertake all responsibilities and tasks in accordance with project charter, policies, strategies, processes and procedures.
Health, safety, security and environment (HSSE) – Proactive commitment to achieving zero injuries, zero incidents and zero compromise.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Process and report gravity monitor data to determine the duration and frequency of CSO discharges at outfalls.
- Access, process and report on Pumping Station records, including observations of pump and river gate status, for CSO reporting and model verification.
- Compile and process water quality sample data collected for individual events, including review of pumping station operations during the event and other conditions in the sewer system, in the form of summary charts of water quality parameters illustrating characteristics and trends in the data collected.
- Manage and compile data collected from specific studies, including septicity studies, odour records and others as required.
- Process rainfall radar data and combine with monitoring data to develop a complete picture of the CSO discharge regime.
- Monitor, manage (through a coordinated response with project members) and recommend changes to program if necessary where there are failures, where data is inappropriate and where there are inconsistent observations.
- Support GIS team to enhance data accessibility online
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate them to management to ensure continual improvement
- Comply with policies, processes & standards, to ensure compliance.
- Comply with Health, Safety, Security & Environment policies & standards to maintain a safe workplace.
Education and professional qualifications:
Eligibility to work in the EU
Experience in data collection, analysis and reporting
Skills and experience:
Competent in MS Office suite, advanced skills in MS Excel and MS Access.
Experience managing & analysing large amounts of data
Verbal &Written communication skills Good report writing skills to summarise data for technical and lay audiences.
Characteristics and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to understand field data collection programs including interpretation of data trends, monitor malfunction and system changes that affect data.
Ability to data process and produce summary tables / charts and undertake trend analysis.
Attention to detail & quality output
Teamwork, respect & consideration
Flexibility & Adaptability
Accountability & Responsibility
High performance & commitment
Commitment to Health & Safety
- 12 months ago