A350 Stress Engineer - Manufacturing Support
Morson International - Flintshire
LONG TERM CONTRACTS, NORTH WEST
Stress Engineer A350 (Contract)
Description of the role
The Wing & Pylon CoE - Engineering (TWE) require a Stress Engineer with Manufacturing Support experience to work in the A350 Wing Design & Support group at Broughton.
The successful applicant will ensure Structural integrity of solutions to Manufacturing issues of Airbus A350 Wings:
- Carry out static stress calculations to assess design solutions for a range of tasks, ranging from modifications to manufacturing concessions against the Aircraft Design requirements.
- Ensure fatigue and damage tolerance requirements are met.
- Liaise with other functions and project to ensure stress requirements are fully integrated.
- Report critical technical issues up through functional management.
- Substantial experience working as an aircraft stress engineer involved in the analysis of composite and metallic airframe structures using a broad range of standard hand and computer methods.
- The ability to rapidly and confidently assess structural problems under pressure and to provide the appropriate direction and guidance to team members.
- The ability to develop and coach less experienced stress engineers.
- A good understanding of aircraft production methods and processes, especially if gained through involvement in MRB or similar manufacturing support activities.
- The ability to ensure that solutions are technically integrated across the whole project.
- Chartered Engineer/ Aeronautical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Signatory Level or capability to achieve signatory level within 3-6 months.
- Broad range of standard hand and computer stress analysis tools; experience of ISAMI and FEA would be beneficial.
- Good communication skills and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- 12 months ago
View job -
Apply from a computer - email job
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic