It’s fair to say that you love good food and great service as much as we do. You’ll already have some cooking/catering experience behind you, plus a catering qualification and a Basic level Food Hygiene Certificate. You’ll enjoy working as part of a lively kitchen, making the most of the available produce to delight our customers’ tastebuds.
About the role
Nothing beats the buzz of working in a lively, close-knit kitchen with talented, committed people. It’s how great culinary things happen. Having high quality locally sourced ingredients certainly helps too. Here at Kedleston Hall, where all of our food and cakes are prepared at the property, you’ll conjure up mouth watering dishes, making sure everything is beautifully presented time and time again. You’ll also help with monthly stock taking and will be happy to order fresh produce when needed.
In many ways, you’ll inspire our customers, so it’s only right we do the same for you. We’ll help you to be the best you can be. Want to be a chef? We’ll help make it happen, with training, support and development. We’ll even help you gain recognised qualifications, if that’s what you want. The only things we don’t serve up here are split shifts or evening work, so you’ll be able to enjoy an altogether better work-life balance. You’ll work 1,950 hours per annum. The months of November and January are reduced opening, so a flexible approach to a work pattern is required. Your days of work will be Sunday-Wednesday. Weekend and Bank Holiday working will also be essential.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
The post holder shall:
Food Production and Presentation
- Assist in daily preparation and production of food to agreed standards in accordance with agreed menus, such that the reputation of the trust is enhanced and sales targets are achieved.
- Ensure personal standards of food production meet the standards set and agreed with the Chef and the rest of the catering team.
- To follow set procedures such that consistency is maintained.
- Be fully responsible for the production of cakes and desserts, and their presentation/delivery.
- Production and preparation of other dishes, using local and seasonal produce in order to deputise for the cook/chef/supervisor in their absence, maintaining high quality standards and delivery of menu.
- Food ordering, deliveries and storage.
- Undertake variety of tasks relating to accurate food ordering and storage such that all food safety guidelines and legislative requirements are understood and met, including the required monitoring sheets.
- Assist in ensuring that food ordering/deliveries are accurately checked against delivery notes and stored in accordance with recommended procedures and in line with the National Trust’s Health and Safety policy requirements.
Finance and administration
- Assist in ensuring that all activities are waste efficient such that the business is enhanced by improved ratios.
- Ensure stock control guidelines are adhered to as set by the Chef.
- Maintain effective portion control at all times such that recipes and portions meet agreed weights and measures thus reducing waste.
- Record all unavoidable waste as advised.
- Assist the Kitchen team with the recording of accurate monthly stock taking as required.
- To carry out the cashing up and daily record sheets.
- To provide a high standard of customer care by maintaining standards and perception of value for money through dishes produced.
- Adopt a positive approach to aim to exceed or meet customer expectations.
- Ensure consistency in dishes produced, with correct quantities available.
- Always aim to provide the highest quality of service.
- Participate in all staff training
- Assist customer/clients with queries in a professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Produce and serve food to accommodate special dietary requirement.
- Deliver food demonstrations and talks to customers.
- Actively aim to achieve a valued team status by working within a positive environment and being open and honest with all feedback and communications.
- Adhere to required working patterns.
Be accountable for their personal development through the appraisal process. (Individuals with line management responsibility are also accountable for the development of their staff.)
Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Trust Instructions, Values and Behaviours.
- Holds Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Health and safety training
- COSHH training
- Knowledge of HACCP procedures
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Hold current first aid certificate
- Proven baking and cooking skills
- Has previous kitchen experience with high volumes
- Has worked as part of a team
- Proven ability in carrying out instructions
- Ability to use own initiative
- Proven record of attachments
- Good communicator
- Good team player
- Attention to detail
- Good time keeper
- Good level of personal hygiene
- Self motivated
- Adaptable to cope with peaks and troughs of business
- Ability to train others
- Wants to use the experience able to be gained from this role to further career and
- develop skills
- Cash handling experience
- Previous experience of working within a historical/tourist attraction Additional Details
From amazing places to helpful colleagues to great benefits, we want work to be a pleasure. As well as giving you free admission to all our incredible places (that’s you and your family), you’ll enjoy a helpful 20% off at our shops, cafes and restaurants, 25 days’ holiday (pro rata for part-time), pension scheme and flexible working. There’s also MY Discounts, a brilliant scheme that gives you exclusive discounts with hundreds of retailers and big brands. But they’re just the benefits we can tell you about here. There’s lots more at www.nationaltrustrewardsandbenefits.org.uk How To Apply Treat yourself to a better job. Click the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your CV and tell us why you're the best person for the role. Closing date: 18 May 2012. Proposed Salary 11856 Skills Skill Minimum Level Maximum Level Desirability Compliance.Eligibility to Work in the UK
- 12 months ago