£22,000 - £24,000
14 June 2012
£22,000 - £24,000
Working at Harvester
Friendly, family-focused food is what we're all about. So if you love making kids smile as much as you like delicious, freshly-chargrilled food, look no further than our Harvester.
Great food for all the family
There's always a happy family buzz about Harvester, and this friendly, vibrant atmosphere can really help your career take-off. Develop your skills by preparing and serving a great range of delicious grills, spit roasts, farm assured chicken and fish. Learn how to keep the whole family happy with special 'Young Guest' dishes, kids activity sheets and the famous 'unlimited visits' Harvester salad bar.
Welcome to the Harvesters in Eastlake.
Eastlakeis an established Harvester situated on a business park in Tongwell close to the centre of Milton Keynes, The position requires a Kitchen Manager that has the grill skills and kitchen knowledge needed for the role but with the added ability & skill to lead and inspire a team of 8 to deliver with a passion a quality food offer.
You'll find plenty of happy families at Harvester. Including the great big happy family that works here! In fact, here at Harvester the happy family atmosphere seems to make big kids of everyone. So why not join us as Kitchen Manager and help to keep our family happy in the kitchen too?
What you'll do in this role
The happy heart of a Harvester is its kitchen. As Kitchen Manager it'll be up to you to keep the happiness coming by making sure nothing, but nothing, leaves the kitchen unless and until you're happy with it. In fact, if things aren't absolutely spot-on, you'll be the one person in the place who's allowed to pull an unhappy face!
- As Kitchen Manager, you'll make sure that every dish is sheer perfection as it makes its way from kitchen to table
- You'll be responsible for training and motivating your staff ensuring a perfect blend in the kitchen
- You'll be responsible for food stock control and ordering
- You'll be accountable for the kitchen's financial performance
- You'll be on the fast track to a rewarding managerial career with us
What will make you perfect for the job?
- Kitchen Manager / team leader experience in a high volume, branded environment
- A passion for delivering great food and an obsessive attention to detail ensuring that every dish that leaves the kitchen leaves a guest satisfied
- Leadership qualities with the enthusiasm and charisma to inspire your team
- Attention to the maintenance of profit margins
- Strict about conforming to health and hygiene regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a hunger to learn
- Minimum level 2 food safety (and preferably higher)
What we offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive Kitchen Manager bonus package - up to £4k!
- Opportunity to join a defined contribution pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday
- Other lifestyle-flexible benefits
Apply now If you fancy a rewarding and challenging career where you can really go places.
- 9 months ago