Job Posting SENIOR/PRINCIPAL STATISTICIAN (HOME BASED)
Covance, with headquarters in Princeton, New Jersey, is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, with annual revenues greater than $2 billion, employees in more than 60 countries, and more than 11,000 employees worldwide.
In this role you will be able to work from one of our offices or work from home. A large part of Covance employees are able to have the flexibility to work from home and this is well organised and accepted within the company.
We can offer both contract and permanent roles. For us the most important is to find the right staff that will enjoy working in a global environment and can bring value to a successful company and having fun while doing it. You will have a great career progression and have the possibility to develop within the Biometrics department or move into one of the other departments that might interest you.
At Covance anything is possible!
We are currently recruiting for a Senior or Principal Statistician to either be working from home or in one of our offices. As a Senior Statistician, you are responsible for providing a statistical analysis service for Covance Phase 2-4 studies, providing advice and assistance in the design of those studies. You will provide a contract statistics service to clients, including advice on design and appropriate statistical techniques. Other responsibilities and duties may include:
About the Job
- Responsible for all statistics deliverables within assigned projects (low, medium, and high complexity).
Supervision of less-experienced statisticians within project activities.
- Responsible for development of Statistical Analysis Plans, to include statistical methodology, statistical programming procedures, definition of derived variables, data–handling rules.
- Perform QC of all efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and safety datasets and data displays.
- Statistical analysis of clinical trial data and related decision-making.
- Project management activities for identified projects including financial, resource planning and utilization, timelines and milestone management.
- Provision of technical solutions and advice to Covance staff and to clients on statistical methodology and principles.
- Contribute to proposals activities and client presentations.
- Represent the department during project-driven client audits.
- Carry out all activities according to appropriate Covance SOPs, working within the framework of the Quality Management System and to GCP.
- Support Business Development by estimating budget requirements and presenting at bid defences under guidance.
- An MSc in a statistics subject, preferably with a strong medical statistics component
- Typically 3.5 years’ postgraduate experience in the application of statistics to clinical trials.
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills. Cooperative & team-oriented.
- Recognition of the importance of timelines within projects.
- Proficiency in data-handling and analysis software – preferably SAS.
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities. At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us. Education/Qualifications See above Experience See above
- 11 months ago