Responsible for the management of financial and performance issues related to the production of Design schemes including day to day management of project teams to ensure successful completion of all projects principally within Scotland, but also the UK generally.
1. Involved in the development of the Business Plan for the Division.
2. Identify business development opportunities and develop and maintain interface with clients to ensure contractual requirements are met.
3. Responsibility for preparation of or provision of information for reports, attending meetings as required, thereby contributing to the performance and business needs of the Division.
4. Co-ordinate the work of the Project Managers and Project Engineers to ensure successful completion of projects.
5. Devise and implement procedures to ensure close control of the financial performance of individual projects and facilitate the early identification of any variance. Implement processes to periodically review and report on the progress of projects.
6. Ensure adequate planning and resourcing of projects and thereby facilitate adherence to timescale for each project.
7. Ensure effective utilisation of the fixed resource through the implementation of efficient planning and rostering, procure additional external resources as required to ensure projects are not delayed.
8. Ensure that procedures are in place to firstly address the implications of safety legislation during the planning of a project, and secondly to monitor working practices during the project and confirm safe working practices are adhered to. Review technical development to ensure the Division is equipped to deal with these.
9. Ensure that all staff are fully trained and competent to undertake the work required by the client and that a competence assessment system is operative for relevant employees.
10. Implement all Company policies and procedures (eg ISO 9002) to ensure the maintenance of standards expected by the client.
11. All projects to achieve financial targets, are completed on time and to the clients’ requirements
12. All work is carried out in accordance with safety procedures and relevant legislation.
13. Implement ISO 9002 procedures.
14. Production of relevant reports.
15. Maximise utilisation of the fixed resource to minimise downtime and ensure no projects are delayed awaiting resources.
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Engineer.
- 5 years managerial experience, 3years of which should be at a senior level.
- Experience of D&B Contracts.
2. Business & Personal Competencies
Babcock International Group PLC
- Business Focus/Commercial Awareness
- Is strongly focussed on the development of the business as a whole.
- Leadership & Motivation decisive.
- Organisation & Planning.
- Has the credibility, knowledge and communicative skills to make an effective contribution to meetings and discussions within and outside the Company.
- Has the credibility, knowledge and communicative skills to represent the Company in a professional manner and befitting a senior manager.
- Must possess full driving licence.
- May be required to work away from home.
- May require to work on call at agreed intervals.
- 10 months ago