JOB PURPOSE: To provide the highest standard of care to all service users
Full Driving Licence Business Insurance and own transport
Access NI clearance
NISCC Pin Number
6 months caring experience either paid or voluntary in any care setting
NVQ Level 2 in Health Social Care(Or be prepared to undertake during employment)
1. Assisting all service users in carrying out self-care tasks, which will cover washing, showering, bathing and bed bathing, dressing and undressing, toileting and feeding.
2. Assisting with continence management, catheter care, stoma care, all in line with the Client's care plan.
3. Carrying out housekeeping duties including tidying up rooms, making up beds, disposal of incontinence products, emptying and cleaning of commodes.
4. Assisting with fire lighting, shopping, cooking, dish washing, and laundry.
5. Providing a day sitting and night sitting service to service users.
6. Providing clients with refreshments and light snacks as appropriate.
7. Managing medication, when this is approved and detailed within the care plan
8. Cleaning and maintaining spectacles, false teeth and hearing aids.
9. Upholding Client's rights, maintaining confidentiality at all times and preserving dignity.
10. Maintaining regular communication with the Care Co-ordinator and informing of any changes to the Client's health or needs.
11. Notifying the Office of any changes to rota times.
12. Ensuring when access is not granted to a Client's home the Office is telephoned immediately and a call card is left.
13. Ensuring the care provided in the community is to all the required standards and all codes of conduct and practice are observed from all of appropriate regulatory bodies.
The Domiciliary Care worker must maintain good quality written records in line with Company policies and procedures.
Provide cover for colleagues on annual leave or any other absence.
Notify the Care Co-Ordinator or Emergency on call phone of non attendance.
Health and Safety
Report immediately to the Office or the out of hours phone any illness, accident/incident or non entry to a service users home as per company policies and procedures.
Promote safe working practices within all service users homes.
Attend training courses and updates in line with the mandatory training requirements.
Attend regular meetings with the Care Co-ordinator and other members of Management.
All Domiciliary Care staff are required to be available at varying times on a rota system. This will include early morning and late evening work.
The job holder will also be required to work weekends and bank holidays when required.
The post requires the job holder to have a clear disclosure check in accordance with the regulatory body Access NI at any time during the course of employment
This job description provides a summary of the duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. North West Care reserves the right to amend this job description from time to time, in line with business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing.
Please use the apply button below to download an application pack.
Completed applications should be posted to the address shown on the form. RecruitNI.com - 12 months ago