Baker Hughes Reservoir Development Services (RDS) has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager, based Aberdeen, UK
RDS serves the oil & gas industry in developing reservoir-driven solutions covering the full asset life cycle, from the earliest phases of project development through abandonment. Our global teams in Aberdeen, London, Delft, Dubai, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Calgary, Buenos Aires, and Houston work diligently to find and maximize reserves; increase production rates and recovery factors; select, define, execute field development plans and analyze acquisition and divestiture options.
Gaffney, Cline & Associates, a global consultancy within the Reservoir Development Services organization, offers technical, commercial and strategic advice to the petroleum sector. The company’s expertise is the business of petroleum, reflecting an unparalleled track record in:
Exploration, development and production evaluation and operations
Field development and rehabilitation
Reserves and resources reporting requirements or statutory reporting or financing purposes
Due diligence property evaluation and valuation for acquisition, divestiture or dispute resolution
Midstream and downstream facilities and economic evaluation
Advice to Sovereigns on petroleum licensing, depletion and fiscal policy and maximizing resource potential
Gaffney, Cline & Associates is quickly expanding its global operations and is now seeking a talented and motivated Operations Manager to join our dynamic organization, based in Aberdeen.
The Aberdeen office was established in 1993. It has become the leading independent consultancy in what is acknowledged to be Europe’s oil capital. It has formed strong links with many of oil companies and is particularly well known for providing outsourced services by the introduction of our Core Team business model. This is a multidiscipline team who are permanently assigned to support a single client across a range of continuous project activities. Based in the GCA offices these teams draw from local peer support and specialist expertise from teams such as geomechanics, production chemistry, petrophysics and specialist geophysics. Our longest serving Core Team has operated continuously for over 12 years. This model is exceptionally flexible and provides greater stability and knowledge enhancement to both parties.
- Contribute to the development of GCA’s vision, goals and strategic leadership through active collaboration and participation with key staff.
- Assist in the daily management and prioritisation of the company’s business activities for relevant office including general oversight of operational, administrative, commercial and contractual planning undertakings.
- Accountable for day to day operational issues to ensure delivery of results according to set targets and maximising utilisation of staff on site.
- Together with fellow Global Management Team (GMT) members ensure delivery of projects according to BMS procedures as well as maintaining GCA reputation for delivering a quality product.
- Working with the GMT, ensure continued growth of UK business through the creation and pursuit of new business opportunities in line with GCA strategic objectives and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Contribute with the rest of the GMT to strategy and policy formation.
- Foster and support a positive working relationship with all GMT members and effectively manage reports.
- Overall responsibility for maximising utilisation on site.
- Assist the General Manager by developing, implementing and continuously improving the company’s processes as required to ensure client focus and successful delivery of the business.
- Direct, via the Team Leaders and Project Managers, resources required to overcome technical and other constraints on the delivery of projects.
- Assist the General Manager in the development of the strategic plans for all operational activity.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, implement, monitor and evaluate short/ medium and long term operational plans, programs and projects to meet overall objectives and agreed timings to ensure long term success of the business.
- Assist Global Management Team to deliver corporate results according to set targets.
- Effectively allocate decision making authority and task responsibilities to appropriate individuals and utilise staff time, skills and potential appropriately.
The candidate will have experience in as many of the following core competencies as possible:
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Be entrepreneurial - Have a track record of attracting and increasing business.
- The ability to manage the full project lifecycle from initial contractual discussions/tendering to project completion.
- Recognised excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Demonstrated budget development and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of contract management and proven experience in organisational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organisation.
- Proven ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Recognised as being persuasive with details and facts.
- Proven ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and ensure all deliverables come in on time, on budget and at the necessary quality level.
- Demonstrable experience of excellent people management and commitment to get the job done.
- Have excellent project management skills.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.
EUROPE-UNITED KINGDOM-Aberdeen City-ABERDEEN
- 11 months ago