Manufacturing Engineer required for work within a global leader in Engineering, on a 12 month contract based in Derby.
The opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer role, within the Capability Acquisition team, to work as part of an integrated team on a programme to establish a new casting facility for the manufacture of HP and IP Turbine Blade.
The role will cover all aspects of manufacturing engineering associated with developing and establishing a new facility; from benchmarking existing processes through to development, acquisition and implementation of capital equipment.
- Understanding and benchmarking existing manufacturing processes
- Development, acquisition and implementation of manufacturing technologies – including technical control, technical documentation and methods of manufacture
- Validation and verification of manufacturing methods
- Application and use of the Manufacturing Capability Acquisition (MCA) gated process where appropriate.
- Managing, developing and maintaining manufacturing technology business relationships with existing facilities and other designated suppliers
- Technical project / programme management
- Integration with the new facility team and wider Manufacturing Engineering and Operations teams to deliver the new facility strategy
You will manage projects across multiple disciplines through the full manufacturing route to develop and deliver a capable manufacturing system.
You will need to be a determined, self motivated, enthusiastic engineer with the passion and personal drive to succeed, and a vision of how modern manufacturing should be achieved.
A high computer literacy and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels on technical issues needs to be demonstrated.
Moreover you need to have demonstrated the ability to successfully deliver technically challenging programmes of work following a structured methodology.
Knowledge and experience of manufacturing of complex components in an aerospace environment is preferred, but is not a prime requirement.
You will be educated to degree or HNC level, or possess suitable experience in an engineering / manufacturing discipline. Previous experience that demonstrates delivery of projects will be an advantage.
Knowledge of machining processes, machine tools, advanced manufacturing technologies and inspection practices is advantageous, but the aptitude to learn rapidly will be a necessity.
To apply please submit your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Joni Spittle.
Assystem Recruit is a brand of Assystem UK, a well established engineering services provider to UK industry, providing solutions to various engineering industries including; Aerospace, Gas Turbines, Automotive, Nuclear and Energy, Marine and Rail. With over 45 year’s experience, we provide our clients and candidates with a quality service for the provision of Contract and Permanent recruitment.
- 12 months ago