Position: Research Assistant
School/Department: School of Education
Closing Date: Monday 21 May 2012
Salary: £25,251 - £31,948 per annum (including contribution points)
Anticipated Interview Date: Week commencing 11 June 2012
Duration: Until December 2014
To be an active member of the research team assisting in the planning and delivery of research activity within the area of policies, strategies, and services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, including intellectual and neurodevelopmental disabilities, so that the overall research objectives of the project are met.
1. Undertake basic research activities that include literature review, participant recruitment, fieldwork, interviews, focus groups, secondary data analysis, critical evaluation and interpretation, computer-based data analysis (statistical analysis) and evaluation or library research in consultation with the research grant holder or supervisor.
2. Present regular progress reports on research to members of the research group, steering group, or to external audiences to disseminate and publicise research findings.
3. Write up results of own work and contribute to the production of research reports, publications and proposals.
4. May contribute to introductory courses, for example, on the use of research methods or ASD or ABA.
5. Carry out supervision/demonstrating/teaching duties under direction.
6. Carry out routine administrative duties as requested, e.g. arranging research group meetings, maintaining research group website.
7. Read academic papers, journals and textbooks to keep abreast of developments.
For more information and to apply please click here NIjobs - 13 months ago