My client is a specialist Financial Services company dealing solely with the Armed Forces and most specifically the Army.
They specialise in Military kit cover, having their own policy which has been underwritten by Axa plus they also cover life and serious illness cover along with pensions, investments and personal accident
The role is to work on a self employed basis within the designated territory covering their core business (Army bases) , and is home based. My client has built up a reputation in the Armed forces over the last 23 years and can give the new consultant a good foot in the door.
The role does not need to have RDR compliant consultants as they will not be dealing with the whole gambit of financial services.
Their process for the sales is to contact the Army bases, discuss their products etc/ gain an appointment to the base at which the soldiers from whichever regiment will all be there. The consultant will then conduct a presentation of the products on offer and afterwards book in appointments with the personnel to discuss their needs.
There is a very high take up from these presentations because all the soldiers need military kit cover and are all concerned with life, serious illness and personal accident cover along with their pensions.
Did you know that military personnel are charged if they lose or damage any of their equipment if they are not insured!
There is very little lead time as the products are quite standard, so there is an income stream to be made quite quickly. The consultants all benefit from the admin function from the head office. They deal with all the post sales process, paperwork, putting business on risk and all other admin.
Knowledge of the forces or forces background might be an advantage, although not necessary.
- Financial Services Sales experience and achievement
- Proactive role – self-starting
- Working in a self-employed or having had previous experience of working in a self employed capacity - not essential
- Ambitious, driven and self starter is key
- Qualified to FPC or equivalent
- CEMAP or equivalent
- Settled in an area / home owner with financial commitments
- Income requirements/expectations
- Someone wanting to earn £50k +
- Sales skills and ability to close
- Presentation skills, capable of delivering an outcome or result
- Relationship management/interpersonal skills, able to interact with groups and individuals of varied age, education and positions of authority.
- Self starter able to manage their own diary and create activity
- Understanding of or experience of dealing with HM Forces personnel
A Support Package during training and induction period will also be offered
Month 1 £2500
Month 2 £2500
Month 3 £1500
Month 4 £1500
Month 5 £500
Month 6 £0
**During this period the financial support is not reclaimed unless the individual leaves within 2 years.
The projected income for these roles is £40-£60k in the first year.
Commission split is 50/50 rising to 60/40 in favour of the consultants subject to ’quality measures’ being achieved.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
- 12 months ago