Purpose of role
The role holder will provide business, process and data analysis services across a range of project workstreams relating to the delivery of the Delivery Execution Excellence programme in general, and the Order Management & Execution deliverables in particular.
The post holder will be expected to participate across a range of project within the programme as requested and will need to be adaptable to business changes working within a fast-paced business environment.
- Demonstrable solid experience of business analysis within a banking/financial services environment
- Excellent business analysis and interpretation skills
- 3 years + experience working with a mainstream OMS vendor ideally Charles River (version 8 or above) or Fidessa Latent zero.
- Strong UML modelling experience
- Strong Investment banking / Front-Office systems experience
- Strong product/asset class experience including equities, fixed income and structured products
- A service oriented work ethos with an appreciation that the position's primary goal is to contribute to achieving the overall project goals
- Proven ability to facilitate cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and formal presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience of interaction with senior business users in capturing requirements
The role holder will be able to identify, rectify and appropriately escalate issues and risks whilst having an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving, with attention to detail at all times. The right candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a full understanding of SDLC methodology.
The candidate should have a detailed understanding of the front-office processes and ideally demonstrable experience working in the order management and execution areas, and be able to translate business requirements into technology solutions and vice versa. An ability to effectively engage with both business and technology partners is a key requirement for the role. It is envisaged that the job holder will have between 3 and 5 years mainstream business analysis experience within the financial/banking sectors.
The candidate should be prepared to undertake supervisory responsibilities to ensure quality of delivery from the business analyst team. Typically assignments may include managing specific
Academic and professional qualifications
The candidate will be preferably educated to degree level or above, preferably in an IT related discipline.
The role holder will have an excellent command of English language with strong written and verbal communications, including being comfortable facilitating large meetings with potentially senior stakeholders.
The right candidate will be delivery focussed with a focus with a key eye for detail. Known for high energy and productivity the right candidate will be able to deliver quality results with a challenging, positive, influential style. The successful candidate will demonstrate creativity and pragmatism with an ability to conceptualise and deliver at speed. A sound commercial approach should be a priority with a focus on best practice. The job holder must be prepared at certain critical delivery times to work outside of the standard working day.
It is envisaged that there will be some travel to London and potentially overseas.
- 11 months ago