Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain s railway. From the rejuvenation of Kings Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europes largest civil engineering project - Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain .
Department & how it relates to the role
The Network Operations function operates the railway day-to-day. It delivers train paths, timetabling and train movements to enable safe performance and meet the needs of our customers. The function owns and manages our business relationships with the passenger and freight operators and external commercial stakeholders. The functional customer focused organisation provides clear ownership of operating responsibilities for all customers and stakeholders.
The Planning Publications team, comprises of 23 Publications Assistants who administer many (and in some cases all) of the planning publications, such as the National Rail Timetable (NRT), the Operational Rules, and many of the Engineering Access publications such as the Period Possession Plans. The team also manage the Data flow and are responsible for the Data Quality for Operational Planning. The activities of the team are process driven and, as a result, lead-in times apply to the work that they undertake on behalf of both Network Rail, and the industry as a whole.
About the role (External)
As a Publications Assistant your Key Accountabilities will be;
1. Compilation, production and publishing of key planning publications, notices, controlled documents and other regulatory reports pertinent to Operational Planning & Performance to appropriate company standards and processes in a timely and accurate fashion
2. Maintenance and updating of reference data for planning and performance systems to preserve and promote their accuracy, completeness and integrity
3. Managing the transfer and validation of data both within Network Rail and between Network Rail and external systems
4. Updating and maintaining distribution databases including notifying recipients, monitoring the receipting process and taking corrective action as appropriate
5. Providing administrative support for publications such as maintaining the publications schedule, lists of controlled documents, recipients, and delivery processes
6. Engaging with end users in both the provision and improvement of support for publications including answering queries on document control, standards and other publications queries
7. Assisting with the implementation of systems development by conducting user acceptance testing
8. Assisting in the identification and implementation of quality and efficiency improvement initiatives
9. Undertaking the role in a way that is consistent with, and reinforces, Network Rail's values
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Good analytical skills in a technical or systems related environment
Ability to work to tight timescales in a precise and concise manner
High level of computer literacy including ability to query and manipulate data
Demonstrate high quality attention to detail
Proven ability to influence at all levels
Experience of document control processes
Good understanding of corporate documentation Network Rail - 12 months ago