Risk Technology drives and executes the technology agenda for several Risk Management groups:
- Operational Risk Management across the entire firm
- Credit Risk Management across the Wholesale Bank
- IB Market Risk
Portfolio Risk Margining Services (PRMS) is a key offering in the Risk Technology space that provides collateral efficiency on clients' derivatives portfolios through risk measurement. Furthermore, PRMS also provides a cross-product risk analysis and reporting platform, used by Risk Managers across many groups in the wider JPM Bank.
Financial products that are supported by the platform include interest rate, foreign exchange and credit derivatives (both exchange traded and over the counter).
PRMS derives and produces a comprehensive, cross risk methodology, cross product, daily portfolio-level margin requirement statement for each margining client; these are picked up by our Collateral Middle Office team in order to make collateral calls on our clients. A combination of 'Value-at-Risk' (or 'VaR') and both Credit and Rates stress testing methodologies are used to risk margin a diverse set of clients. Hedge funds are the key target client base for our portfolio margining service, with the key business sponsors being the bank's OTC Clearing and Hedge Fund Credit lines of business.
OTC Clearing and HFC are also heavy users of our Risk Management and Reporting platform. In addition, the exchange traded Futures & Options business, Asset Wealth Management, Fixed Income Prime Brokerage, and Private Client Services, to name but a few, are all benefiting from our platform's powerful risk management capability.
PRMS are based across 3 locations. The development team are predominantly based in Glasgow where we have 10 developers. We work very closely and successfully with our colleagues in the ITC Bangalore, where we have a further 7 developers. Our Plan team are based in New York.
PRMS are an Agile team, employing the SCRUM methodology. As our team has expanded over the last two years, we have scaled this process to operate with 4 cross-functional SCRUM teams.
Role & Responsibilities
This role is an Oracle developer role, working in a dynamic Agile/SCRUM team, on the implementation of a cross-product Portfolio Margining and Risk Management solution that spans all asset classes of the Investment Bank.
The successful candidate will have a strong Oracle Data Modeling, Design, and Programming background; strong performance tuning skills; and experience of analysis and consulting across all stages of the project life cycle. The candidate would be responsible for the following:
- Participate in and review database designs
- Provide Oracle design, SQL and PL/SQL consultancy and expertise to other team members where requested.
- Participate in test-driven and sometimes pair-programming development.
- Support system testing, user testing and production implementation.
- Write system documentation.
- Comply with project life cycle methodology and adhere to IT control policies and guidelines.
- Incorporate corporate architectural standards into application design specifications.
- Provide L3 support for the application, working with our partners in Risk Tech Operate.
- Helping/mentoring more junior members of the team.
The successful candidate will display the following characteristics:
- Be a real team player! Should have an attitude of supporting fellow staff in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- A firm focus on quality.
- A high attention to detail.
- Be someone who will bring ideas to the table, and always looking to improve the development process of the team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or with others, and to deliver within strict timelines.
- Be flexible and adaptable in approach to role.
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Significant Oracle performance tuning experience
- Relation design techniques
- Experience of XMLDB, and XML in general
- Configuration Management experience in a Database context.
- Experience of build and deployment processes for a large database applications.
- Unix / Linux
- Finance industry experience
- DBA Experience
- Data Warehouse and OLAP experience.
- Shell scripting (Bash/Perl)
- Knowledge of Testing tools & techniques e.g. utPLSQL, DBFit, etc
- Some exposure to Java
- Knowledge of JMS
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FSA regulated role, more details provided
- 14 months ago