To undertake all general administration of HR processes within People Service Centre teams to ensure the provision of a professional and efficient HR administrative service to Schools and Directorates.
This post is fixed-term until 28 June 2013.
Hours of work:
14 per week, Thursday and Friday
19972 - £
23811 per annum, pro-rata for hours worked.
Monday, 16 July 2012
More specifically with regard to Recruitment Administration:
to post vacancies as required deploying the relevant procedures
to process, reconcile and charge invoices against the use of posting
to provide advice and assistance to internal users and staff on the redeployment procedures
to provide advice and assistance to internal users and applicants on the processing of vacancies on the E-recruitment system
to respond in a timely manner to all recruitment related queries received by phone or email
to provide secondary support as required for the administration of Senior Staff interviews to process appointments for new starter contracts
More specifically with regard to Contract Administration:
to produce and process all new starter contracts, inclusive of Honorary and Emeritus contracts
to produce and process all changes to all types of contracts, including processing of salary changes, pay awards and other discretionary payments
to process all changes to terms and conditions to staff
to ensure all supporting and associated documentation is processed as required in conjunction with new contracts or contract changes (e.g. CRB; A&I; References; COS & Labour Market checks;OH forms)
to process the administration of all terminations to contracts in accordance with the relevant procedures for the type of termination of contract
to respond in a timely manner to all contract related queries received by phone or email
More specifically with regard to HR Policy Administration:
to provide first line basic advice on HR operational processes to Schools and Directorates
to process all maternity, paternity and adoption requests and documentation
to advise on and administer all PWE processes
to administer HR processes in relation to Relocation expenses; Jury service; and Unpaid Leave
To undertake that the required data entry into HR systems in support of processing the above is administered and/ or check that it has been undertaken
To provide support in the provision of accurate and up to date supporting administrative documentation on HR web pages
To provide administrative support to HR Advisory for the administration of redundancy procedures and preparation for the Redundancy Committee relating to the validation of contract status.
To proactively support the development and implementation of HR administrative Process Mapping and the Continuous Improvement.
To perform other occasional duties which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
To play an active part in the wider activities of the HR Division, as required from time to time and contribute to the overall success of the Division, and the University.
To comply with all legal and regulatory requirements in respect of all University policies, procedures and codes as appropriate.
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, EC directives and the University’s Safety, Health and Environment Policies and procedures and to cooperate with the University on any legal duties placed on it as the employer.
1. Proven high standard of organisational and administration
2. Thorough knowledge of all HR recruitment and contract
3. Excellent customer service skills provided in a highly professional manner.
4. Proven high standards of literacy and numeracy.
5. Proven ability for high accuracy with attention to detail and
the ability to work under pressure
6. High level of knowledge and skills in the use of HR or related IT Systems and data entry and administration
7. Advanced skills in MS word and intermediate level of knowledge and skills in use of MS Office, specifically use of spreadsheets in Excel.
8. Proven competencies as follows:
- highly effective team member
- highly effective communicator and at interacting with others
- very flexible and adaptable to work requirements, open to new ideas, change and proactively contributes to process improvement
- continually demonstrating a dynamic, very positive and can do attitude
- able to be self managed, but with strong results delivery focus
- proven ability to prioritise and plan workload according to deadlines
- demonstrates a very high level of personal integrity and respect for others.
Qualifications / Experience
9. Educated to A level standard or an equivalent qualification
10. Evidence of successfully working in an HR department in
similar role or equivalent
11. Graduate CIPD / Part CIPD
12. More advanced Excel skills
13. Fluency in Welsh, written and oral
14. Experience of working in an Higher Education environment
15. Degree or related Human Resources qualification
- 10 months ago