King.com is a global leader in casual social games, with 8 offices worldwide and the main development office located in Stockholm. With six active Facebook games, King.com has more than 12 million daily players on Facebook, which makes us #2 in the world. At King.com, we love to play. Every month 48 million players join us to play 3.5 billion games across our rapidly growing web, social and mobile channels. We have offices in Stockholm, Bucharest, Bydgoszcz, Malmo, London, Hamburg, Malta and San Francisco.
We make fun, simple games for everyone.
King.com creates the best casual, social games. Since 2003 we’ve been a leader and pioneer in delivering fun and witty games that entertain millions around the world.
Our team are focused on fun and obsessed with excellence in everything we do. We have an awesome team of passionate people who come together to create great games. As we grow, we’re looking for people who love games and seek to spearhead our brand-spanking new rockstar team in London.
The team has delivered great hits including Bubble Witch Saga, Candy Crush Saga, Pyramid Solitaire Saga, Hoop De Loop Saga, Bubble Saga and Mahjong Saga on Facebook and is aggressively pursuing a web and mobile strategy.
King.com offers over 150 exclusive games in 14 languages through King.com ( www.king.com ), mobile devices, Google+ and Facebook. King.com is also the exclusive provider of online games for leading global portals, websites and media companies.
About the London studio
The London studio was created in June of 2012 to build social casual games for web and mobile under the leadership of social games industry veteran Catharina Lavers Mallet. Located in vibrant SoHo, it provides the perfect combination of the dynamic flexibility and rapid growth of a start-up with the security, stability and infrastructure of an industry leader.
About the people we hire
We know that the continued success of King.com depends on preserving the amazing culture we have, so ‘fit’ is extremely important. We work in small, collaborative Scrum teams where everyone is involved in coming up with feature and game ideas. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
If you are like us, we’d love to talk to you.
You will be creating high quality game layouts and be responsible for producing an appealing and effective user interface for our mass-casual social games. You will be part of a highly experienced, entrepreneurial and successful team, so you need to be a very talented artist and a great team player.
- Create appealing, user friendly, innovative and crisp user interfaces (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc.) with a focus on usability and freemium best-practices.
- Work closely with a creative game team in an agile environment to create interfaces that are flexible enough to evolve with the needs of a Live game.
- Expert in user interface design and animation
- Expertise with Photoshop, Flash and Illustrator
- A well-developed sense of color and composition
- A substantial interest in form and typography
- A portfolio showing your talent and flexibility
- Relevant education and/or work experience
- An excellent teamplayer with great communication and organization skills
- We assume that you have several years of relevant professional experience, but people of extreme talent will always be considered.
- You must enjoy working within a project group and be comfortable working in an agile environment at a fast pace.
- Versatile and prepared to tackle many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to mass production
- Previous experience in social games and/or Games as a Service
- 11 months ago