At Network Rail , we provide a railway infrastructure thats essential to the economic well-being of the entire nation. We run 20,000 miles of track, 18 major stations, 8,200 commercial properties, 2,500 stations leased to train operators, and we own and maintain 40,000 bridges, tunnels and viaducts. Our focus on improving the network is greater than ever before. So is our determination.
Thats why were pushing ourselves to reach higher levels of innovation, safety, reliability and transparency all the time, as well as better value for money for all our customers. Information management and technology is the heart of our organisation - in our central offices as well as on the tracks. We need your expertise and forward-thinking approach to create innovative solutions and provide a first class service to Network Rail, the rail industry, and our passengers.
As Information Management, our purpose is to deliver World Class information, technology & business solutions that add value across Network Rail in the most cost-effective and efficient way. To achieve this, we aim to have the right people, information, tools & services in place. In recognition of our achievements we have recently been awarded Best Place to work in IT: 2009 across the Government & Public Services sector by Computer Weekly.
We are looking for a Service Analyst to operate the appropriate processes to respond to incidents and requests for service, reported by customers, managing requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring progress, and keeping users appraised of progress. About the role (External)
1. Provide first level Help Desk support for all IT related calls, striving to achieve a high level of fix at first point of contact.
2. Follow agreed procedures, responding to requests for assistance by providing information to enable callers to solve their problems.
3. When requested to by Help Desk leadership, action customer requests in accordance with SLA s.
4. Achieve high levels of accuracy in capturing call/incident details on Help Desk tools in accordance with team processes and procedures.
5. Adhere to escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate.
6. Recognise and escalate call/incident trends to Team Leader to enable prompt escalation to Incident Management as appropriate.
7. Pro-actively highlight gaps in processes, knowledge and tools to Team Leader.
8. Provide high levels of customer service providing a consistently friendly, helpful and efficient service.
9. Maintain high level of personal productivity to support colleagues and achievement of Helpdesk SLAs.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to concentrate on complex customer problems for significant periods of time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build rapport and engender customer confidence.
- Clear speaking voice with the ability to give complex technical instructions in unambiguous, simple language.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills to ensure a customers problem is fully understood.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and achievement with awareness of how personal performance influences service level attainment.
- Excellent team worker with the self awareness and control to understand how own actions can influence team spirit.
- Excellent keyboard and accuracy skills.
- Proficient in Desktop Software, (MS Office)
- Use of email (MS Outlook)
- Awareness of Service Management disciplines (e.g. configuration, change, problem, operations, capacity, availability, performance etc.)
- Familiar with Windows NT, CICs
- ITIL Foundation
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfil your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
The salary for this role is circa £17,000 - £21,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Please note the closing date for this vacancy is 17/07/2012
Please apply online Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home
- 10 months ago