Please note this a part time Maternity Cover position (24 hrs).
To achieve maximum room occupancy and that all bookings/guests are correct in the system and all relevant correspondence according to the bookings is readily available upon check-in. To ensure a high level of service in respect of customer relations, customer accounts and reception queries.
- Previous experience working within a reservations/reception environment.
- Experience of a front desk system.
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing);
Pro-active and reliable;
Basic computer skills;
Marsha/Opera/Delphi knowledge desirable;
Able to work alone and within a team;
Attention to detail;
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential.
- NVQ in Front Office Operations
1) Ensure all room allocations are correct.
2) Ensure correct billing details are available to the reception team.
3) Manage all error logs.
4) Balance the system, deal with reservations, manage bookings and all special requirements.
5) Complete correspondence checks daily (1day, 3days & 7 days ahead) and ensure bookings are in both systems.
6) Review all questions in relation to Front Office and deal with accordingly by communicating with relevant departments.
7) Check new reservations and action all room requirements, special requests and contact all departments involved.
8) Manage all over-booking situations. Give accurate handover to reception at the end of each day and give suggestions as to where to outbook.
9) Ensure all bookings are tidy.
10) Ensure correspondence files are manageable and updates at month end. All files to be up to date at all times.
11) To support the front office and ensure systems and processes review meets set targets by managing sections relating to front office.
12) Input and manage group allocations. Christmas bookings and Hogmanay to be classed as group bookings.
13) Ensure all no-shows are raised and charged for - target 95%
14) Manage and process required commission payments.
15) Produce 14 day forecast for operations team.
16) Have input on revenue strategy and revenue maximisation through communication with rooms division and Director of Revenue.
17) To assist front office and events office as requested.
18) Attendance at weekly sales strategy meetings is mandatory.
19) Ensure all PM rooms are checked out in line with Marriott SOP.
20) Carry out shop calls weekly.
21) Ensure telephones are answered in a timely manner including front desk phones at peak times.
22) Check and adjust the Guests Rooms Control daily to ensure the PSO can identify the correct number of bedrooms that can be sold to new prospect business.
23) Ensure company policy on credit checking and payment procedures are adhered to.
24) To conduct show rounds including walk in appointments in a professional manner demonstrating a full knowledge of the hotel products and services, tailoring the benefits to meet the customer’s needs.
Training and Development;
Performance Related Pay;
Meals at Work;
Free use of Leisure Club;
Friends & Family Rate;
Associate discount card.
- 9 months ago