Reporting directly to the Senior PR Manager, the PR Managers primary function is
to devise and execute successful UK PR campaigns for their assigned title
responsibilities across both specialist gaming media and consumer media.
- The PR manager will take the lead role in developing and executing PR plans on
their assigned titles within the UK market across both specialist and consumer
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the UK specialist gaming media
(print, broadcast and online) as well as top tier consumer media (print,
broadcast and online) via the UK consumer PR agency as appropriate
- Budget management for assigned titles and projects covering the overall UK
- Work closely with THQ UKs consumer PR agency to ensure they are briefed in a
timely fashion and are provided with the required assets and the clear direction
and management needed to deliver a successful consumer PR campaign.
- Regularly update both the UK Sales and Marketing teams of PR coverage secured
through regular email updates and the circulation of coverage scans.
- Maintain frequent communication with the Global Communications Managers and
the other local territory PR teams via fortnightly conference calls (as well as
day to day contact). In addition, update the resulting call notes to ensure all
relevant staff have as up to date information as possible
- As required, instigate and then coordinate media events at UK level. This may
include desk side visits to media, developer studio visits, THQ media events,
and regional and local press tours with a visiting developer.
- Attend and contribute towards European and/or Global PR meetings as required
- Share ideas, best practice and coverage results throughout the region and with
the other internal/global teams on assigned titles
- Travel as required attending press events, internal meetings, industry events
- Performance is measured against a set of pre-agreed quarterly objectives. This
may include cover targets and pre-release review score targets
- Proven PR experience gained in the UK video-games market is fundamental
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all customers
(media, licensors and internal staff) is key to the success of this role
- Proven at negotiating and closing extensive and hard hitting coverage across
both Consumer and Specialist gaming media
- Can demonstrate examples of planning and executing successful PR strategies,
press events, and creative campaigns above and beyond the specialist gaming
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential to the role as
is the ability to work to tight deadlines
- The ability and confidence to demonstrate products both internally and
externally is essential to the role
- Well versed in communicating with and managing licensor approvals and
- This individual must be a team player, resilient and have a positive outlook.
The ability to be diplomatic and rational at all times is essential as is a
strong sense of humour.
- 12 months ago