Harman International provides the industry’s most complete audio and infotainment experience, from capturing words and music at the source to providing the best in high-fidelity enjoyment. Our legendary brands, which include JBL®, Harman/Kardon®, Infinity®, and AKG®, are world-renowned for providing superb audio experiences – at home, in the car, or wherever you find yourself.
As proud as we are of our past, we’re even more excited about the road ahead. We’re looking for people who want to join our global family and build a sound future – for our customers, our company, and our employees.
Are you ready to give a legendary performance?
Our European Engineering Centre is based in Bridgend, South Wales and due to new business awards we have vacancies for Senior Mechanical, Mechanical and Associate Mechanical Engineers to join our expanding organisation using the most up to date technology to design OEM Premium Sound Systems. Systems developed at Bridgend are manufactured globally in our various manufacturing locations for Ferrari, Maserati, Jaguar Land Rover, Daimler, BMW and Rolls Royce who are just a few of our prestigious customers serviced from this facility.
Harman has easy access to the M4 and you would be joining our well established Engineering team at our European Design Centre.
A generous relocation package is available for the successful candidate.
The following vacancies are currently available ~ Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
This senior position will involve taking a lead design role, whilst providing technical support and guidance to the design/associate engineers on project based activities.
Responsibilities include the creation, development and verification of cost effective, reliable mechanical product designs utilising 3D CAD and engineering analysis tools.
- Minimum 5 years product design experience preferably within the Automotive Industry
- Minimum 3 years 3D CAD experience of Computer Aided
Engineer System such as CATIA V5 / Unigraphics NX
Mechanical Design Engineer
Responsible for the detailed design, development and verification of feasible, cost effective and reliable mechanical product designs through the use of 3D CAD tools, while also managing the release of engineering models, drawings and relevant support documentation to both customers and suppliers.
- Minimum 3 years product design experience preferably within the
- Minimum 2 years 3D CAD experience of Computer Aided
Engineering System such as CATIA V5 / Unigraphics NX
Associate Design Engineer
Responsible for providing technical and design support in the development of feasible cost effective and reliable mechanical product designs utilising 3D CAD tools such as CATIA V5 / Unigraphics NX to produce 3D models and 2D drawings.
Progressing the mechanical design activities to achieve customer requirements and Harman objectives of project timing, cost, reliability, environmental and performance standards and customer vehicle special requirements
- HND Mechanical Engineering / Modern Apprenticeship
For more detail on the job specifications please contact email@example.com
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Acoustics
Mechanical Design Engineering – Acoustics
Senior Manager, Mechanical Design Engineering – Acoustics
No direct reports. May direct and monitor activities of engineers through project duties.
- Responsible for developing and verifying feasible cost effective
and reliable mechanical product designs utilising computer aided
design tools such as Catia Version 5 and/or Unigraphics NX CAD
and Ansys analysis software. Progressing the mechanical design
activities to achieve all customer requirements and Harman
objectives of project timing, cost, reliability, environmental and
performance standards and customer packaging constraints.
Specifying the precise shape, dimension, tolerance, material
selection, finishing and considering the method of manufacture for
each component. Documents include 3D models, 2D drawings to
BS 8888 standard incorporating geometric design and tolerance
- Manage the release of Harman design data and documentation to
and from the customer by administrating designated data
management system whilst achieving quality requirements.
- Create conceptual designs with a view to fulfilling the customer
objectives and Harman requirements.
- To fully understand the customer requirements in terms of
content, performance, quality, reliability, engineering standards,
dimensional requirements and limitations etc in order to produce
- Produce all necessary engineering documentation to support the
- Create and assist in the creation of Bills of Materials.
- Conduct DFMEA, DFA and FEA analysis during the development
of products in order to identify and assess design and
manufacturing risks. Create/assist in the creation of development
test plans (DVP) to minimise those risks and validate the
robustness of the design. Review results of testing and take
- Conducts or participates in product development design reviews
internally with development teams.
- Participate in and contribute to design and feasibility reviews with
customers, suppliers and Harman personnel.
- Manage the release of engineering models and drawings etc by
administrating designated data management system.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations per customer
requirements, and prepare technical reports and presentations for
Harman management, peers, and direct reports, as necessary.
- Provide post production design support.
- Support departmental initiatives and activities as directed by the
- Provide technical support and guidance for the resolution of
various customer and interdepartmental issues, as required.
- Provide support and guidance to engineers, associate engineers
on project/design based activities.
- To become aware of and familiarise through research the
developments of manufacturing practices and processes both at
Harman and with the suppliers and to identify alternative cost
effective methods of manufacturing, materials and tooling.
- Travel, as required, to customer, supplier and other Harman
- Minimum 5 years product design experience preferably within the
- Minimum 3 years 3D CAD experience of Computer Aided
Engineering System Catia 5 etc.
- Understanding of World Class best practice in product design,
development and manufacturing techniques.
- Minimum 2 years experience of design criteria for injection, roto
and blow moulding and also metal presswork tool and component
- Degree Mechanical Engineering.
- Heavy use of CAD computer terminal
- Moderate travel to various locations globally.
The successful candidate will be;
- Self motivated, passionate about audio and music and have a
genuine interest in loudspeaker design. The job holder will have a
thorough knowledge of mechanical design principles and
practices gained from both a good academic foundation and via
practical application and experience.
- A creative and innovative thinker who has a proven track record in
transforming concepts into realistic products which exceed
- Ability to meet project deadlines through exceptional planning and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Presentation
skills are important as the job holder will be required to present to
key stakeholders such as, internal senior level management,
customers and suppliers.
- Experienced in mentoring or development of staff to enhance both
the individual and the organisation.
- Experience developing automotive products would be
Legally eligible to work in UK.
Able to travel globally if required.
- 9 months ago