This role can be based out of Livingston, Runcorn or Birmingham.
The Engineering Team Leader is responsible for the provision and output quality of leveraged design & implementation resource in order to deliver client solutions across sectors from design in to operational service in line with timescales, budget and internal quality standards.
The Engineering Team Leader works with the Design & Implementation Sector Managers to understand and manage the pipeline of demand, client satisfaction and profitable growth across the sectors.
The core activities and tasks to be undertaken by an Engineering Team Leader include:
- To be the single point of contact for the provision of engineering resources and the quality of their output in support of the delivery of client solutions within a sector
- Strrategic planning with the Sector Managers to enable profitable growth. Understanding, managing and reporting on pipeline demand, utilisation of efficient and effective resourcing strategy within the leveraged engineering resource team, and working with the sector teams to address their needs
- Management of risks and issues within the leveraged engineering team, interfacing with stakeholders to own, plan and action mitigation strategies
- Manage escalations, working with internal stakeholders and the Sector Managers to own, plan and action resolution
- Ensuring that all client solutions are delivered right first time, on time, every time.
- Ensure the effective reporting and management of performance at the team and individual level in order to meeting internal targets & objectives
- Ensure the delivery of all client solutions are in line with internal quality standards
- Active leadership of continuous improvement within the team and across the Design & Implementation Group
- Identifying, leading and implementing continuous improvement plans both within the team and across the group
- Active participation in developing and maintaining the culture of continuous improvement within the team and across the group
- Optimisation of operating margin through understanding and controlling costs within the team
- Accurate forecasting input to the Design & Implementation cost centre
- Ensuring cost centre recovery is achieved
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
Ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence with key stakeholders;
Able to plan, lead and execute technical tasks as part of a delivery team
Is able to understand, explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
Able to direct, support and mentor team members
Able to use a process framework, analytical tools and reporting to direct, monitor and evaluate progress and change
Commands respect for knowledge, experience and excellence
Is flexible in the application of knowledge appreciating the variation in Projects and Organisational culture which may give rise to alternative approaches
Good understanding of network, security and voice technologies and concepts
Proven track record of leading technical delivery teams in a service provider environment
Proven track record of dealing with complex issues/potential escalations without supervision
ITIL v3 (good understanding or Foundation qualified)
Understands and has demonstrated the use of methods and techniques for the assessment and management of technical risk
Basic commercial awareness
In return we offer a competitive salary, contributory stakeholder pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, employee private medical cover, Life assurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Season Ticket Loan and a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase discounted products and services. Additionally, comprehensive training and development is delivered in a variety of ways, leading to accreditation if required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos Origin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
- 11 months ago