Senior Service Technician (Mechanical)
1.0 GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the execution of specific tasks either project related or individual manufactures, refurbishments and testing etc. as well as other tasks for which you are competent in a safe conscientious manner.
To support and guide operations team members, temporary contractors and apprentices in the hydraulic / pneumatic instrumentation field.
2.0 STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
a. Responsible to:
b. Directly Supervising:
None at present
c. Staff Interface / Relations:
Project and Operations Team Senior Project Engineer Project Engineers
Supply Chain Team
- Look after the company's interests at all times.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business.
b. Key Duties –
- Installation of neat panel tube work and field installation tube work of good integrity in accordance with current UKOOA legislation and good working practices using twin ferrule fittings etc.
- To be fully conversant with pressure testing control panels / tube work to SMS / UKOOA Standards up to 25,000psig.
- To be fully conversant with Hot Oil / Water Glycol flushing of small bore instrument tube / control panels to SMS / UKOOA standards.
- System FAT and function testing of hydraulic / pneumatic control panels and assisting supervisors with fault finding.
- Completion of fittings take offs, tube and panel layouts, reading of drawings and assisting in the production of procedures relating to the build and testing of projects.
- Corrective maintenance and fault finding of client hydraulic / pneumatic control systems.
- Inspection & surveying of client hydraulic / pneumatic control systems.
- Inspection, surveying and installation of hoses.
- Accumulator repair, inspection and recertification. Nitrogen pre-charging of bladder / piston accumulators and dampers.
- The ability to represent the correct image and profile of the company to employees, suppliers, client and end user alike.
- Training of apprentices and trainees in good tube fitting practices, pressure testing techniques and hot oil flushing practices.
- Detailed completion of project close out reports / documentation / certification and ensuring that said documentation is passed to the supervisor or engineer, signed, dated and identified correctly for invoicing and certification data packs.
- To be able to work under one’s own initiative or as part of a team.
- To have the ability to communicate effectively and offer sound technical advice to both internal and external clients for SMS projects and operational activities.
- The ability to inspect, refurbish and test nitrogen accumulators to current legislation.
- The ability to complete client work orders, permits, timesheets etc. correctly and to the satisfaction of SMS, the client and the end user.
- To be able to complete the maintenance of hydraulic / pneumatic control systems to current UKOOA guidelines.
- To show a willingness and aptitude in the training of different aspects of the company operation business.
- Other tasks as deemed reasonable by the company which fall within your competencies.
- To ensure that all communication with the clients focus on creating client satisfaction and inter-company relationships.
- Standard Workshop tools i.e. spanners, tube cutters etc
- Nitrogen Pre-charging Block
- Digital Camera
- USB Stick
5.0 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
a. Training needs will be established by the Operations Co-ordinator, the Supply Chain and Operations Manager and if applicable the Managing Director.
6.0 KEY RESULT AREAS
a. Improve SMS’s perception within the industry for hydraulic / pneumatic installation and fault finding and preventative maintenance work.
b. Improve SMS’s processes for 6.0 (a), highlighting areas of improvement and lessons leaned as and when necessary.
c. Maintain at all times working relationships which reflect professionalism and attention to detail.
d. Interface with clients, client representatives, suppliers, external bodies and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
7.0 QHSE RESPONSIBILITIES
a. Demonstrate a continual and personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
b. Apply company, and where appropriate Client Company's, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
c. Consult any pertinent Risk Assessment Sheets and any other safety information relevant to the task to be performed
- 13 months ago