1. To assist the Client Manager and Lead Surveyors by undertaking a full range of contract administration including carrying out site inspectors, conducting client and contractor progress meetings, cost control, ensuring scheme completion within budget and handover. Finalising and recommending agreement of final accounts.
2. To analyse tenders/quotations and recommend their acceptance.
3. The post holder will be expected to more between teams and client managers as and when directed in order to satisfy service demands and on occasion this will entail carrying out, with appropriate supervision design related activities.
4. To undertake "Designer" or "Planning Supervisor" duties in accordance with the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
5. To monitor and direct Clerk of Works or Inspectors on specific projects
6. Liaise with other clients and contractors to ensure efficient co-ordination of works, workmanship, and value for money and adherence to contract documentation.
7. To undertake estimating and provide pre and post contract control in respect of planned, programmed and term maintenance contracts, encompassing property condition surveys.
8. To ensure that the County Borough Council Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and other procedures are fully observed.
9. To undertake other appropriate duties as may be described from time to time by the Client Manager.
Must be able to communicate and negotiate effectively with all stakeholders to produce well designed schemes within an appropriate timescale and budget. Must be qualified to minimum Highest National Level in Surveying/Building Construction and be able to demonstrate experience relevant to the duties of the post. Exp of CAD is an advantage. An understanding and working knowledge of one or more of the following would be an advantage; Demolition works, CDM, Asbestos Regulations, Disabled Discrimination Act. jobswales.co.uk - 11 months ago