Atkins is one of the largest energy consultants in the UK and provides services to major programmes across the country and overseas.
Within the nuclear sector, Atkins has an exceptional reputation for delivering innovative, cost-effective business and engineering solutions to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers to nuclear licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
Currently, we're going through a period of astonishing growth and are looking for the best to join our dynamic and exciting team.
Atkins specialises in taking on the most challenging engineering projects and opportunities exist across the board for outstanding candidates, from technical leadership to project management. In addition to this stimulating variety of work, we are in a number of long-term framework agreements with key clients, which offers stability and underwrites our dedication to staff development.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with consultancy/contracting experience in design, installation, commissioning, operating and maintenance of mechanical plant equipment. Previous Power or Nuclear experience is desirable, particularly with suitable demonstration of experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals).
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- Chartered Engineer (or moving toward chartered status)
- Proven capability technically delivering Mechanical engineering designs
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for engineering
- Unique individual with practical engineering experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Target-focused and driven to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally Innovative and open to ideas
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites etc
- To be part of a team of Mechanical engineering professionals
- Lead the development of project specific engineering solutions
- Interface with other disciplines on all engineering tasks.
- Mentor others within the team in a technical capacity Assist in the production of Bid’s and proposals to clients.
- Implement and contribute to safety initiatives.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted
The UK Government intends to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. In line with this they have significantly reduced the number of Tier 2 (general) certificates of sponsorship available to Atkins for the employment of overseas workers from outside the EEA. On this basis we will unable to offer employment to any overseas workers from outside the EEA unless they have a right to work in the UK through an alternative scheme. This situation will apply until at least 31st March 2011.
Atkins Nuclear are also recruiting for Mechanical Engineers in Bristol, Rotherham and Cumbria . To find more information on each of these vacancies please search the Careers page of our website specifying location.
- 12 months ago