With products this good, you can’t miss
Santander is one of the world's largest banking groups, with the confidence that comes with knowing you're working with a UK leader and second largest provider of mortgages you'll be joining a global bank with over 150 years of banking experience. In the UK we have over 25 million customers, 1.8 million shareholders, more than 1,300 branches and 4,100 cash machines. Our goal? To be the best bank in the UK.
Due to unprecedented success and growth of the Mortgage Division we are actively looking to increase the Mortgage Consultant teams within the contact centre in Belfast.
As a Mortgage Consultant you'll be the voice of Santander, providing specialist advice and guidance on our market leading products, whilst meeting all FSA regulatory requirements. Whether it's a first time buyer, an existing customer looking to borrow additional funds or customers moving, you'll be ready with the information and advice they need to make one of life's most important choices and also cross sell on a wide range of other products that they might be interested in. This is a telephone based position, the key responsibilities of this role is to build a rapport and relationships with your customers to enable you to make assisted choices and sell to their needs.
As a Mortgage Consultant your skills and qualifications will include:
- Full CeMAP (or equivalent) professional qualification is essential
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple sources of information
- Detailed product and sales process knowledge related to advised and non advised sales in all product areas except advised investments
- Good general knowledge of the financial services industry and competitor activities
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills with customers
- Efficient and accurate in following sales processes and completing related administration
- Highly focused to succeed/ exceed expectations
- Experience of working in a sales environment with a proven track record of identifying and fulfilling sales opportunities
- Proven track record in achieving objectives and performance measures/ targets
- Experience of working in an environment where adherence to procedures is essential
- Experience of working in a busy customer driven environment
As a Mortgage Consultant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Advising mortgage customers on the right mortgage product choices and also identifying cross sales opportunities for related products such as life insurance, home insurance and all other Santander products
- Building positive relationships with new and existing customers and personalising every engagement
- Collecting customer intelligence via our customer relationship management system
- Delivering agreed sales targets and persuading referred customers to do business with us
- Maintaining compliance with all bank policies and legal requirements
One of the most competitive basic salaries around is just the start. Once your training is complete you’ll be eligible for our quarterly incentive scheme that can boost your salary significantly. Our industry-leading training programme will put all the resources you need to succeed at your fingertips. Other Santander benefits include
- SMART Pension
- 27 days Holiday + public holidays entitlement
- Product discounts
- Retail and High Street discounts
Factor in a defined career development path through our advisor progression scheme and it becomes clear that you’re looking at a fantastic career opportunity.
If sales is your calling and you’re passionate about dealing with people, apply now to find out more.
We are recruiting full-time roles working 35 hours per week. You will be working on a 7 hour rotational shift between 7.00 am to 11.00 pm across Monday to Sunday.
Our current working hours for Mortgage Consultants are between 8.00 am and 9.00 pm Monday to Friday and working 2 Saturdays per month between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm.
£23,250 + bonus + benefits package
- 13 months ago