Chief Design Engineer - experience in marine engineering - senior management experience - Project Management - development and mentoring - design environment - based Rosyth - salary £50k - £60k per annum
We are looking for a Chief Design Engineer to develop and oversee the management of the professional engineering resource within the companies Northern Operations, covering both the maritime defence and commercial business market sectors. Candidates for the role should have experience in marine engineering or similar disciplines, with experience in a design environment.
Candidates for the role of Chief Design Engineer should have senior management experience together with a sound professional engineering background and proven track record in design. You should have the ability to develop strategic thinking in support of future business initiatives and be able to focus on customer requirements.
The Chief Design Engineer will be responsible for the development and mentoring of the engineering capability at the allocated sites, with a primary aim of matching the engineering capabilities with the planned expansion of the business.
The role of Chief Design Engineer includes providing support to: strategic planning, assessment of customer requirements, identifying opportunities, liaising with customers and suppliers, assisting with the development of business strategies and partnerships, submitting bids and proposals and promoting the company generally.
The main duties of the Chief Design Engineer include:
- Representing the company in relevant technical forums.
- Overseeing the technical integrity and quality of design processes and products.
- Supporting the development of the company policy and strategy.
- Supporting the development of new business and customer focus.
- Managing the profitability of allocated projects and tasks.
- Developing budget plans and contributing to the tendering process.
- Communicating with staff, subcontractors, business partners & customers and the periodic assessment of communication effectiveness within the company.
- Creating and maintaining good working relationships within teams, customers and business partners.
- Supporting the identification & implementation of improved engineering business processes that enhance group capabilities.
- Taking a lead role in the review, maintenance and upkeep of quality assurance documentation.
- Identifying training needs.
The Chief Design Engineer will report to the Head of Engineering and have direct line management responsibility for the professional engineering teams in Tyneside and Aberdeen.
The Chief Design Engineer needs to have good Project Management and communication skills together with a basic understanding of business matters (Stakeholders, cash flow, people, quality, cost, and delivery).
Candidates for the role of Chief Design Engineer must be educated to degree level or equivalent in a professional engineering discipline relevant to the maritime engineering and hold or be working towards Chartered Engineer status.
OTJ specialises in engineering and engineering related positions. We are currently looking for Project Managers and Engineers, designers, draughts people, Mechanical, electrical and Electronics Design engineers and draughts people, service engineers, sales engineers, avionics engineers and buyers
All candidates should have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
This vacancy is advertised by Otj Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised are those of an employment agency
- 11 months ago