Carillion is one of the UK’s leading support services companies with a substantial portfolio of Public Private Partnership projects and extensive construction capabilities. The Group has annual revenue of over £5billion, employs around 50,000 people and operates across the UK, in the Middle East, Canada and the Caribbean.
In the UK, Carillion’s principal market sectors are Defence, Education, Health, Facilities Management & Services, Rail, Roads, Building, Civil Engineering and Utilities Services.
In the Middle East, Carillion’s principal market sectors are Construction and Facilities Management. In Canada and the Caribbean, the Group’s main sectors are Health, Roads Maintenance and Construction.
Carillon’s portfolio of equity investments in Public Private Partnership projects includes projects in the UK and Canada, particularly in the Defence, Education, Health and transport sectors.
Carillion is an equal opportunities employer.
Business Unit/Area Overview
Purpose of Role
To provide and effective and efficient administration service to the Team .
Key Objectives of the Role
- Provide administrative support to team members as required;
- Manage team members diary;
- Organise and support team meetings and events as required;
- Support the team in updating databases;
- Support the team in the keeping of records, producing monthly reports as required;
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required by the Department Head.
Job Level Overview
The Job Holder is subject to general work instructions and direct supervision of progress and results. He/She works within standardised work practices and procedures. The Job Holder is likely to have a vocational qualification and be able to demonstrate procedural/systematic proficiency that may involve competence in the use of specialised equipment. The Job Holder's performance will have minimal direct impact on both plc and Business Group performance.
- Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
- Acts as part of a team to delivers activities which support operational objectives
- Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
- Maybe subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
- Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
- Supervises the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
- Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
- Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
- May work within a given budget
- May supervise a small team
- typically spending more than 50% of time supervising
- Able to organise a small team of individuals carrying out similar tasks
- May assist less experienced staff
- Manages the delivery of a team and escalates individual performance issues
Knowledge and Applied Skills
- For non-supervisory roles performs skilled work requiring technical training (NVQ3 or equivalent)
- Up to 3 years business experience, Level 3 NVQ or Certificate Level of Qualification. Graduate entry point
Achieving and Doing
Contributing to continuous improvement
Dealing with Change
Delivery Through People
Planning and Organising
Additional Role Information
- 12 months ago