Capita, FTSE 100 and leading Business Process Outsourcer, is seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer join their team to provide support to users of existing Services in order to:-
- Address issues with a supported Service that have been identified to the Service Desk through the Incident Management process
- Effect changes to the supported infrastructure that resolve Incidents and Problems
- Assist with implementing new Services to the customer and, when needed, provide information that can be used for Service Improvement.
Great Opportunity to provide first line service support for a range of equipment across multiple sites in the North East. The role will be geographically based within an established team and will initially entail working alongside experienced staff and then migrate to working solo. The role's primary focus is on Incident Management and restoring service as quickly and effectively as possible.
You would be assigned to a specific geographical area but may be required to support incident, change, release and problem Management activities in any area and remain contactable via telephone and pager during working hours including on call hours.
INCIDENT AND PROBLEM MANAGEMENT
Field Service Engineers are expected to:
- Monitor & own Incidents assigned to them.
- Maintain and report accurate incident status and investigation information on a regular and timely basis.
- Escalate Incidents, when necessary.
- Demonstrate the ability to address issues visible to them that have yet to be highlighted by the Customer. In this scenario, Incidents are raised by the Field Service Engineer and managed via the Incident Management process.
- Investigate and diagnose the underlying causes of Problems as required by Problem Management.
CHANGE AND RELEASE MANAGEMENT
All Changes (at the pre-determined level of detail) need to be recorded and require correct authorisation & scheduling prior to action. Once this has been completed the RFC may be passed to the Field Service Engineer for action of that RFC.
With respect to Change and Release Management the Field Service Engineer may:-
- Provide assessment or inputs for a Change to be raised
- Test and implement the Change as planned and agreed once the RFC for that Change has been authorised
Where spares are held by, or under the control of Field Service, they will ensure that the status, location and condition of all spares is clearly marked on the configuration item. Spares held under the control of Field Service must be stored securely and appropriately and faulty or excess spares should be returned promptly.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for notifying Configuration Management or the Service Desk of any incorrect information held about a Configuration Item or its change of status. This notification includes spares.
INTERNAL STAFF LIAISON
Field Service Engineers are expected to liaise with other support groups, in particular their Team leader or line manager as appropriate.
THIRD PARTY MANAGEMENT
Occasionally Field Service Engineers will be required to interact with 3rd party support to effect a restoration of some services. The Field Service Engineers should ensure interaction happens in a timely manner in accordance with targets defined within the SLA agreed with that 3rd party. Any likelihood of 3rd party service targets not being met should be reported to their line management.
- Hardware test and Measurement
- Windows XP Profesional
- IP/Data Comms
- Customer Facing Skills
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP Professional
- IP Networking
- Cisco routers and switching
- Information Security
- PABX (Nortel/Siemens/Panasonic)
- Network Management
- DVR (NICE/RedBox)
- Microsoft product knowledge (OS/SQL)
Good communication skills
Able to talk to technical and non-technical personnel
Role involves travelling to customer sites so requires applicants to possess a driving license.
- 11 months ago