Bank Operating Theatre Assistant
This job posting is no longer available on Mail Online.
Due to expansion, Sancta Maria Hospital is recruiting Bank Operating Theatre Assistants to provide cover to our busy Theatre Department.
To assist the trained theatre staff in the smooth running of the operating theatre in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
1. To ensure safe preparation of patient trolleys with appropriate standard equipment in accordance with hospital policy.
2. To assist with the correct positioning of the anaesthetised patient under the supervision of the Surgeon and qualified nursing staff.
3. To assist with the application of non sterile equipment during operating procedures e.g. diathermy pad and to provide unwrapping of sterile products to the Scrub Nurse.
4. To be aware of theatre cleanliness and hygiene practices and to participate in essential maintenance of the environment e.g. post procedure cleaning and safe handling of used equipment.
5. To remove clinical waste appropriately.
6. To monitor stock levels and liaise with Stores/Purchasing Controller to ensure that all items are available as per operating lists. Tidiness and rotation of stock to be implemented.
7. To be aware of the need for confidentiality and maintaining the patient's dignity at all times.
8. To undertake on call sessions as required.
9. To assist in maintaining records and statistics and to be able to input relevant data for use with Compucare.
10. To make and receive telephone calls in an accurate manner.
11. Checking and recording instrumentation and trays, plus any supplementary items, in conjunction with the Scrub Nurse, during a surgical procedure.
12. Preparing all used instrumentation for decontamination, sterilisation and transportation to HSDU at Singleton Hospital.
13. Recording accurately all outsourced HSDU equipment for autoclaving and monitoring all returned items of equipment.
14. Correct storage of HSDU items to ensure rotation of stock.
15. Participate in departmental record keeping and audits to comply with statutory regulations.
This position is subject to an Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team .
Mail Online - 12 months ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic