London may be considered
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of the role is to support the Life Principal Product Manager (PPM) in the development of the firm’s product propositions.
The Product Management & Development (PMD) team have responsibility for managing B&H’s products and services delivered globally across the different sectors of the Institutional market. Our Institutional target market is considered as serving three sectors: Life, P&C and Pensions. Our products and services aimed at the Retail sector are managed under the same processes, but by a separate team with which PMD liaises.
Our propositions include Economic Scenario Generation software, the delivery of modelling services (scenarios, model calibrations, risk reporting) to our clients, and emerging propositions in capital and asset management. The development of these products and services is central to our current business and continued growth in revenue from existing and new propositions forms a key part of our future plans.
The vision for product development is that there will be common software components underlying our propositions and products for each of these sectors. Individual products for each of the sectors will include specific configurations of the company’s core software components.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Senior Product Development Analyst (SPDA) will play a key role in design of B&H’s life sector products and will work closely with the Software Development Team (SDT).
This role requires strong domain knowledge in risk and capital aggregation within life insurance and requires an individual who is able to produce high quality functional/technical specifications to support software delivery.
The SPDA will work closely with the PPM, research consultants, software developers and customer relationship managers to help develop our product propositions. In doing so they will be engaging with clients to understand the technical issues they face, as well as carrying out research and developing prototypes. They should also understand our core software component vision and reflect this in the specifications produced.
The SPDA reports to the Principal Product Manager (Life).
Your responsibilities include:
Product Development & Management
o Support PMM undertaking original (primary) research and utilising secondary market research to understand the dynamics of the sector globally and the types of solutions B+H could bring. This will include client interaction and participation in industry and professional networks and activities.
o For the agreed products, services and solutions to be offered to the sector, deliver
- Detailed functional specifications
- Technical specifications
- Product documentation
o Where appropriate demonstrate functionality through Excel-based working examples
o In conjunction with the CRM teams, undertake concept testing & functionality testing with potential clients
- Support PMM in the production of content for product related collateral including battlecard, factsheets & websites
- Support product feature related surveys (and provide such input to more general surveys B+H undertake)
- First degree in mathematics, finance or other relevant discipline
- Post graduate or professional qualification such as Actuarial, CFA or similar
- Nearly/Newly qualified actuary (Core technical subjects minimum; ST2 (Life Insurance preferred)
- In-depth Risk and Capital Aggregation experience within a life insurance company/life consultancy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused with experience of improving client satisfaction through continual service improvement
Driving for results
- Challenges self and the organisation to set high expectations
- Sets or helps to set appropriate goals and objectives
- Exerts the personal effort and hard work to achieve results
- Does not give up easily, persists
- Overcomes obstacles to achieve results
- Achieves results
- Meets regularly with internal and external customers to set objectives to meet their needs.
- Asks for customer feedback and uses feedback to improve services.
- Establishes good relationships with customers and shows a personal commitment to serving them.
- Keeps customers top in priorities; even during periods of major change.
- Anticipates customers’ future needs and tailors a range of services accordingly
- Builds and sustains alliances to get support and influence others to support strategic goals.
- Creates long term and mutually beneficial relationships with partners/stakeholders.
Barrie & Hibbert
- Has a strong understanding of risk & capital aggregation offerings and how clients currently use these to solve problems
- Has a solid understanding of financial concepts including risk management, asset management and the pricing of financial instruments
- Has an excellent understanding of insurance business concepts
- Effectively applies insurance business knowledge to the issues faced in this organisation
- A true innovator who will work on projects at their inception where creativity and drive will be required to ensure success
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to understand and draw conclusions from complex problems
- Regularly maintains and improves functional knowledge and skills to continue to be effective in his/her job
- 13 months ago