Global Rolls Royce Programme Manager
To create and manage production capacity, expertise and teams in order to execute efficiently all projects assuring customer satisfaction while meeting company financial goals
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes, but is not limited to the following:
Overall control of margins, project progress, validity of data, correct completion of work within allotted timeframes
- Estimate overall capacity needs and take measures to adjust
- Develop Project Management capability for the office. Ensure there are sufficient PM resources to manage production and that they are fully capable. Identify gaps in PM knowledge or application and remedy
- Ensure all staff are aware of their.objectives, responsibilities and ownership of resolutions.
- Address client concerns
Be the escalation path for all problems which cannot be solved by the members of the Operations team
- Define and improve processes and procedures
Work with members of Operations team and other areas in the company (Human Resources, IT, Finance, Administration, etc.) to define, improve and communicate processes and procedures
- Control Operations budget
Approve Operational expenses, Vendor payments, travel requests and expenses, hiring.
- Support recruitment of resources
- Communicate Lionbridge policies, values, mission and strategic objectives to employees.
Make sure an orientation session is provided to all new employees.
- Review employee performance.
Perform salary and performance review, discuss career paths, set objectives. Routinely monitor performance against Lionbridge quality and productivity targets.
- Monitor company metrics (utilization, productivity, margins, quality, etc.)
- Coach resources, identify training needs and propose training.
Provide guidance regarding problem solving, client communication, resource issues, etc.
- Motivate and lead teams
- Resolve conflicts
- Communicate general Operations issues to Global Rolls Royce Programme Manager
Report Operations Status to Global Rolls Royce Programme Manager. Advise of potential issues within Operations as a whole or projects specifically.
- Organize working environment, hardware and tools
Communicate to IT and local Administration need for space, furniture, hardware, tools, special security requirements, etc.
- Manage Human Resource issues seeking support from HR where required
Communicate to Human Resource all issues regarding hiring, contracts, salary changes, etc.
- Approve and organize vacations, leave. Report illness or absences to the necessary contacts.
For direct reports or Operations in general.
Other duties may be assigned as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Position requires at least equivalent of Bachelor's degree and/or certification in related field or appropriate industry experience.
Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
Must be familiar with basic email and internet communications.
Previous project management experience in aerospace documentation.
Strong working knowledge of the aerospace industry and understanding of quality assurance practices, principles and methodologies is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good at handling people:
- Very strong managerial skills
team building, conflict resolution, stakeholder management, negotiation, and decision making Leadership.
Expertise in written communication:
- Very strong communication skills
e-mail, status reports, proposals, etc. both in English and local language.
- Budgeting and financial knowledge
Understand the concept of a project budget and be able to give feedback.
Must be resourceful, confident and take initiative.
Must possess leadership, time management, and organizational skills.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain group focus on multiple projects.
Should proactively mentor/provide assistance or direction to others.
Should demonstrate initiative and follow through on projects and on development of skills.
Must demonstrate initiative and follow through on projects and development of client relationships.
- 12 months ago