Our records show that this vacancy has now EXPIRED.
We have a vacancy at our Habitat office in London for a Web Development Manager.
This role has the customer at it’s heart and you will be working to improve the customer journey and conversion on habitat.co.uk by optimising page layout, navigation, SEO and product presentation. Acting as the main liaison, you will manage the day–to–day relationships with all technical departments including external agencies.
This is an exciting time to join us so if you have previous online experience within the retail sector this could be your next great career move!
Home Retail Group is the UK’s leading home and general merchandise retailer, with sales of over £5.8 billion in the last financial year. Our Argos and Homebase brands form part of an expanding network of stores throughout the UK and the Republic of Ireland, with many exciting new developments in the pipeline. We have recently acquired Habitat which now forms part of our exciting retail portfolio.
As a Web Development Manager your main responsibilities will be to:
- Manage relationships with website provider, internal IT department and external agencies to maintain high quality standards
- Work cross–functionally to identify problem areas in the customer journey and develop testing plans that utilise tools (e.g. A/B & MVT testing) to optimise the customer experience and drive continuous improvement
- Support the Content Manager & Online Merchandising Manager to deliver the content and trading strategy utilising all available resources and systems
- Work with technical resources on SEO optimisation of habitat.co.uk
- Set–up, manage and track all promotional codes
- Work with the merchandising team on trading data to ensure all products are available to purchase on the website
As a Web Development Manager your skills & qualifications will ideally include:
What you’ll get in return:
- Solid organisation and planning skills along with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numerical & analysis skills
- Able to collate, analyse and communicate complex information to stakeholders of varying knowledge of the subject area
- Good HTML knowledge
- Experience of using Omniture and Business Objects is highly desirable
- Excellent self motivation to constantly seek improvements Excellent understanding of retail websites and the importance of customer usability
- Good understanding of online testing techniques i.e. Multi–variant testing and A–B along with technology which impacts web design and functionality
- Previous experience working in online retail
As well as the usual company benefits which include in–store discounts, 24 days holiday, share save, discretionary annual bonus, private medical insurance and company pension scheme you will be working in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
Home Retail Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
- 12 months ago