I am currently recruiting for an Independent Reviewing Officer based in Doncaster.
The post holder will be responsible to the Quality Assurance Manager and will have a key role in promoting and monitoring standards for children in need and on the Child Protection Register and those who are looked-after.
The post holder is responsible for the Chairing of Reviews of children looked after, and to develop and maintain quality assurance measures in respect of work with children and families.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To act as Independent Reviewing Officer for Statutory Reviews of children looked after, and on the Child Protection Register, including Secure Accommodation Reviews.
2. To ensure that each child is reviewed in accordance with regulations, guidance and Departmental procedures.
3. To devise and develop monitoring criteria and systems, which will enable evaluation of the Reviewing function.
4. To provide detailed analysis of the Independent Review System.
5. To contribute to the strategic management of children's services by collecting, organising and presenting information gained through planning and review children looked after.
6. To contribute to the development and maintenance of quality assurance measures in respect of work with children and families.
7. To prepare and present reports to Senior Officers on all aspects of planning, reviewing and quality assurance in respect of work with children and families.
8. To contribute to the publication of information for the general public, service users and service providers in relation to planning and reviewing for children looked after, and in need of protection.
9. To provide specialist advice on child care matters relating to looked after children and children in need of protection.
10. To take appropriate action to ensure that decisions and recommendations in individual cases are followed through.
11. To liaise with other agencies in co-ordinating their involvement in the planning and review process, and in the provision of services by them for looked after children, and for children in need.
12. To have a specific remit to ensure that children are receiving appropriate attention to their health (educational) needs.
13. To undertake visits to Residential Units in line with the requirements under Section 22 of the Children Act and to provide advice and guidance to staff and provide reports for Senior Officers.
14. To chair disruption meetings of looked after children where appropriate and to chair post access reviews if appropriate.
As a Qualified Social Worker, you will hold a professional qualification (DipSW, CQSW) and be registered with the General Social Care Council (GSCC).
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call ROGER on 0207 940 2100 for an informal chat. Nonstoppharma - 11 months ago