£26k - £30k p year + flexible benefits
Its an exciting time at Quaker, the UKs favourite oats company. Based in Cupar, Scotland, Quaker has been milling oats for over 100 years and joined the PepsiCo family in 2001. The site produces the brands market-leading products such as Quaker Oats, Quaker OatSo Simple, Scotts Porage Oats and Scotts So Easy.
Not only is the site the main centre of Quakers oat milling in Europe, it is also one of the largest oat mills in Western Europe, with products sold in Scandinavia, France, Belgium, Africa, the Middle East and of course, the UK.
We are on the look-out for a System Technician to join the Engineering team at our Cupar site.
In a nutshell you be will be responsible for providing an effective link between the Operations and Engineering Support Teams, offering a high level of Technical support to production, ensuring planned Maintenance activities are achieved, and providing technical feedback in all engineering related activities.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Provide shift with automation systems/electrical leadership.
- Perform electrical and systems planned maintenance.
- Provide strong engineering expertise on site to sustain shift performance.
- Control all contractor and electrical maintenance activities on shift, using Permit to Work system.
- Ensure cross shift communication for systems issues.
- Provide hands-on fault finding/rectification when required.
- Lead and support improvements through effective use of the change management process.
- Introduce and lead root cause analysis through Major Breakdown Reporting System.
- Support and implement systems upgrades/capital projects.
- In-depth knowledge of industrial electrical/electronic controls, food manufacturing experience would also be an advantage.
- Time served Engineer with a Minimum HNC in a relevant Mechanical/Electrical discipline.
- Good knowledge of PLC controls systems to include programming, maintenance and fault finding. (Ideally experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Devicenet).
- An understanding of SCADA control systems, computer systems and networking.
- Computer literate, familiar with computer software (word, excel, etc).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good influencing, presentation, communication and decision making skills.
PepsiCo produces the worlds largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.
This permanent role comes with a salary in the region of £26,000-30,000 and a range of flexible benefits. PepsiCo
- 12 months ago