London, but must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK
£46,830 to £53,000 depending on experience
Accenture Technology Solutions
Closing date for applications 31st August 2012. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
We are currently seeking a Test Manager to join our Testing Centre of Excellence, (TCoE). The key role of the Test Managerwill be to ensure that the system functionally and technically performs as expected. The roles are based in London however; you will be required to be fully mobile and to travel to client sites throughout the UK, (i.e. work away from home Monday to Friday as required). Candidates must be open to working within all aspects of the functional lifecycle.
Successful applicants will be responsible for managing a team of Test Analysts & Team Leads to co-ordinate test preparation, e.g. test scripts / user stories & reporting defects using tools such as QTP, Rational Functional Tester, Selenium, Silk Test, Quality Centre / JIRA, Jass Build Engine (JBE), Hudson, Cruise Control or Luntbuild.
The Test Manager will take the design documentation; develop appropriate and thorough test scripts / user stories and test conditions, to be executed in test phases / cycles. Will create data, and determine the expected results. The Test Manager will be responsible for the execution of test scripts / user stories, documentation, and analysis of results. Throughout this process, the Test Manager should look to apply their expertise and skills to deliver high quality deliverables and utilise standard methodology, templates, and industry standard best practice.
Key responsibilities of a Test Manager may include:
The Test Manager will be assigned to specific testing engagements and must exhibit deep technical skills. It will be the responsibility of the Test Manager to effectively deploy, execute, and deliver the established testing requirements, also to monitor the activities of the Test Analysts.
- Strong expertise in planning the test strategies, all functional test phase approaches & scope/requirements with key stakeholders/client.
- Lead the planning initiation & sprint 0 for the sprint cycles with the team.
- Ability to take responsibility for areas of a test plan and work with others to execute that plan.
- Develop and control the test planning/requirements to ensure scope is effectively managed, issues and risks mitigated/escalated and deadlines are met.
- Contribute to defining the roadmap and measure/monitor test teams progress against the roadmap.
- Plan and manage the project(s) financials & detailed work estimates.
- Plan team's roles and responsibilities & conduct performance reviews.
- Plan test project(s) and all testing deliverables to meet tight deadline.
- Plan change control from the original requirements.
- Plan test environment strategy & test environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of end-to-end testing phases including User Acceptance & Non-Functional Testing.
- Thorough understanding of what makes good functional requirements and what test cases from a project should be included in functional tests.
- Experience of Implementing & ensuring the team adheres to testing standards, guidelines and testing methodology.
- Responsible for either directly or through team leaders the preparation of high-level performance testing scenarios, user stories, test scripts, functional metrics and traceability matrix, burn down charts, velocity metrics and sprint backlog.
- Effectively manage team(s) to ensure the development of test scenarios/scripts, user stories, test data, test conditions & expected results.
- Confirm the completeness, consistency, and traceability of the analysis deliverables with the business analyst or scrum teams.
- Oversee the preparation of the test environment in readiness for formal test execution and minimize downtime.
- Review the teams User Stories from the Product Backlog during sprints.
- Create traceability matrix and manage the co-ordination of the preparation activities.
Lead the readiness into test executing by reviewing the user stories / test scripts, input test data, and expected results for all test phases.
- Identify gaps in test scenarios / user stories in preparation of test cases (test conditions and test scripts) to map to test requirements in a structured format.
- Train test analysts in preparation of test cases / user stories (test conditions and test scripts) to map to test requirements in a structured format.
- Manage test execution schedule(s), track and monitor faults/defects and ensure retests are validated and signed-off.
- Supervising the execution phase to ensure automated or manual methods are followed.
- Ability to facilitate meeting of peers, clearly articulate & drive the issues at hand, enable discussion that leads toward resolution of technical problems and communicate results to senior management & clients.
- Lead daily scrum stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives & provide daily progress status reports to the client teams.
- Analyzing and understanding of the functional test results, establishing recommendations to clients and producing Test Closure Reports / show and tell sessions.
- Participate in quality management reviews & process Improvement Action Log / lessons learnt session with the client.
- Ability to assist teams in the research of potential resolutions to functional issues (i.e. find functional recommendations) and support analysis in application and database traces.
- Experience of; using management-testing tools (i.e. QTP, Rational Functional Tester, Selenium, Silk Test, Quality Centre / JIRA, Jass Build Engine (JBE), Hudson, Cruise Control or Luntbuild).
- Inform the senior manager of any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process & work with the application team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Experience of PMP at practitioner level & strong project management experience.
- Strong leader with the ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team.
- Strong QA & Testing industry knowledge including Agile methodology.
- Gained ISTQB Advanced certification.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Experience of managing external teams, cross-functional teams or outsourced functions.
- Establishment of projects using test management tools (Traceability, Planning, Defect management approaches etc.)
- Use of effort estimation techniques and test project commercial management.
- Experience of configuration, release and problem management tools.
- Have an understanding of contemporary approaches such as Agile delivery, continuous or risk-based testing.
- Demonstrate expertise, professionalism and confidence.
- Deep knowledge of testing methodology (V Model, Waterfall, Agile etc.) and testing trends.
- Proven ability to facilitate and maximise high performance of team members (>15).
- Proven ability to be analytical and work creatively in a fast paced problem-solving environment.
- Proven ability to maintain focus on objectives and deliverables despite distractions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SDLC, test and quality processes
- You will possess a good quantitative or numerical degree from a leading university of have equivalent experience
- Have experience of working in a similar testing role in a delivery-focused environment
- Extensive Software Testing experience
- Experience in Test Management
- Have gained certification in at least 1 Test Management Tool and certification in any other tool.
- Have gained ISTQB Advanced certification
- Experience of Web, Client/Server and or Unix/Linux execution.
- Solid understanding of software architecture technologies. (e.g. HTML, VB, .NET, XML, Java, Web Services, SOA, SOAP, Unix/Linux knowledge)SAP, Oracle, MQ, WebSphere, Siebel Multi-Industry experience.
- Experience of batch scripting/testing.
- Web/Oracle database applications.
- Hands-on experience of J2EE.
- Ability to adapt the approach to the technical environment and the client's environment.
- Experience of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library).
- Test automation skills - Quality Centre / IBM Rational Functional Tester / JIRA, Jass Build Engine (JBE), Hudson, CruiseControl or Luntbuild.
Accenture Technology Solutions is the place for someone looking for a challenging IT career and access to the kind of training, expertise and development tools that only a large company can offer. Our international reach also means you could have the opportunity to be part of a truly global organisation of smart, technically minded people and work with dynamic clients in countries all over the world.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company. Committed to delivering innovation, Accenture collaborates with its clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. With deep industry and business process expertise, broad global resources and a proven track record, Accenture can mobilize the right people, skills, and technologies to help clients improve their performance. With approximately 146,000 people in 49 countries, the company generated net revenues of US$16.65 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2006. Its home page is
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer. To assist us in maintaining this please ensure you omit your date of birth information from any details you submit.
- 12 months ago