J.P. Morgan's focus on being the world's most successful financial services institution starts with Technology - the driving force that gives us our leading edge. Ongoing $billion investment in the firm's technological future means that by joining J.P. Morgan, you'll have a front-row seat to product innovation, and work on complex solutions to the most difficult financial problems.
Investment Bank Markets Technology provides end to end technology solutions for the firm's Investment Banking, Sales & Trading and Risk Management business areas. Our specialist QA team are a global team dedicated to delivering software of the highest quality to our business.
Pyramid is a strategic platform for processing and risk managing derivatives in the Investment Bank. It is used by Equity Derivatives, Credit Hybrids, Credit Flow and Commodity Exotics businesses globally. The trade processing suite is responsible for trade capture, event & position management, and feeds to downstream systems such as accounting and legal documentation. Products range from high volume listed products to highly complex over-the-counter structured derivatives.
The platform uses a range of technologies including Java, C#/.net, C++, and Sybase/SQL on Windows and Linux platforms. This is an opportunity to join an award winning technology team with strong business sponsorship to deliver revenue enhancing technology and industry wide transformation.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven QA Functional Technologist, with comprehensive business understanding, who is self-motivated and has a track record of delivering outstanding testing solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry. You should have in-depth experience of testing complex multi layered, multi-technology software applications, supported by a in-depth understanding of derivatives trade processing and other Investment Bank functions. This is an extremely demanding and hands-on role and the ideal candidate will be expected to work with subject matter experts and technical developers, defining and executing testing strategies for leading-edge software developments
- Work with subject matter experts and technical development leads to define and execute testing strategies
- Gather testing requirements, perform detailed analysis, and produce associated functional testing specifications
- Design of detailed testing frameworks that will meet business demands including complex migration processes, bulk data management tools, managed user testing and many other scenarios
- Producing summary and detailed testing estimates
- Reporting to all stakeholders on QA status and progress
- Driving testing automation and efficiency gains
- Strong understanding of trade processing of financial derivatives and securities
- Proven track record in QA software deliverables including defining and executing testing strategies
- Testing estimation, scheduling and reporting progress
- SQL, UNIX/Linux and message based testing
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with a number of diverse technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude. Capable of 'thinking outside the box'
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure
- Strong background of understanding end to end lifecycle of financial products (Equity derivatives or other derivatives) including: pricing, trade capture, confirmations, legal entity flows, accounting and regulatory requirements
- Testing tools - QC; QTP
- Sybase/SQL, Java, C++, C#/.net
To degree level with experience in QA roles
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GB-SCO-GLG-Alhambra House / 03651
FSA regulated role, more details provided
- 11 months ago