The environments management team is a global team of approx 28 people spread across three regions(UK, India, and North America) and responsible for managing all non-production environments for Equities UAT programs. They provide a direct service for the application development teams by gathering initial requirements for an environment build, building the environment and ongoing support of the environment.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Environments Team Member in the UK Equities no-production Environments Program based in Glasgow. This is a demanding role which will allow the right candidate to develop strong technical and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a similar role with hands on experience of Java or similar programming language, Unix, Database Administration (Sybase and/or Oracle) and ideally have had exposure to a number of different technologies. He/she must have excellent communication and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a larger team.
The Environments Team Member Responsibilities include:
Co-ordinate and implement the set up of application infrastructure on new non-production environments.
Identification and resolution of any issues raised against non-production environments in a timely and effective manner, taking the end to end ownership of the user issue. This includes the escalation of critical incidents and identification of patterns in recurring incidents
Develop and maintain knowledge of all Equities product sets and underlying technologies
Implement improvement activities for the process and tools being used by the team.
Work on automation using Shell/Perl/Java.
Should have hands on experience on database systems i.e. Sybase/Oracle.
Strong Business Partnership:
- Strong problem solving
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Self motivated
- Good team worker
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to work under pressure at critical times in the development lifecycle
Client Relationship Management:
- Builds a strong relationship with the Application Development Teams
- Builds a strong relationship with other infrastructure teams including Unix SAs and DBAs
- Builds a strong relationship with the Application Test & Configuration Teams
- Clearly understands client's business he or she is responsible for and recommends, provides, and supports application service that best fit client's current and future needs
- Communicates clearly and effectively status with end users and Environments manager at all times
- Acts as the first point of support for non-production environments issues
- Receives and logs calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
- Assists in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
- Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong Unix
- Good Shell/Perl/Java
- Experience of SQL/RDBMS
- Requires a logical approach to problem solving
- Can work in a high pressured environments, managing multiple customer demands
- Has a college degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a support/application role
Preferred Skills & Experience - include specifics, as above
- Knowledge of Sybase/Shell/Perl/Java would be beneficial
- Useful to be familiar with quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- May have been an Application Service Delivery Analyst or a Production System Administrator
- Good understanding of demand based lifecycle and importance of customer communication.
- Knowledge of Equities business in Investment Banking (preferable)
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GB-SCO-GLG-Alhambra House / 03651
FSA regulated role, more details provided
- 11 months ago