To ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of HR Systems in support of the HR Systems Officer, and to assist in the production of the annual Staff Higher Education Statistical Agency (HESA) return. To provide routine reports and management information, and to act as a first point of contact for any systems or technical related queries.
1. Production of management information (basic requests) for internal customers, for example, the Senior Management Team, Vice Principals/Head of College, the Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development, Equality and Diversity Officer, the Campus unions etc ; running existing queries and manipulating the outputs.
2. Assist with the production of information in response to requests from external organisations such as HESA, DLA Piper, UCEA, QS World Rankings. To also assist with the production of information in response to Freedom of Information requests.
3. Liaise with the College/SASS HR teams over monthly audit reports, and ensure that required amendments have been actioned within the HR System correctly.
4. General auditing of data held within the HR system, and taking action to ensure accurate records are maintained.
5. Develop knowledge and understanding of the University of Dundee reporting tool, COGNOS, so in the absence of the HR Systems Officer, can create queries & reports in response to basic requests for management information.
6. Production of Mailing Labels (basic requests).
7. Production and issuing of ‘Mailing Label’ invoices and charge sheets.
8. Have a clear understanding of HESA requirements; check returned reports/data from HR Assistants and Recruitment Assistants and ensure that amendments have been actioned within the HR System correctly.
9. Visit College Offices to review files, to source missing data for the Staff HESA return, and amend the HR System with sourced data.
10. Assist HR Systems Officer with auditing, validation, and pulling together the Staff HESA return, working to strict HESA guidelines which are in place.
11. 1st level IT support for HR staff regarding HR applications (HR System (Oracle/P3), e-Recruitment system (iGrasp) and training & development booking system (SDMS)) and hardware.
12. Assist the HR Systems Officer with systems testing re: upgrades/patches/new functionality
13. Assist the HR Systems Officer with training and development on HR applications
14. Assist with the development and maintenance of training materials
15. Assist with updating and maintaining the HR web pages.
16. Assist in document management; scan hard copies of papers and save to main HR drive.
17. General duties and tasks as assigned by HR Systems Officer, and will provide cover for the HR Systems Officer when they are unavailable.
Planning and Organising
The roleholder will need to be able to plan and prioritise work on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. They will need to combine the requirement to produce regular reports and management information for internal customers with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines set by the HR Systems Officer, HESA and other external agencies. The roleholder will routinely request audit reports from the HR Assistants and Recruitment Assistants and will organise and advise on corrections to be implemented. The HR Systems Officer will assist in the prioritising of work relating to non-routine requests.
A significant part of this role will rely on an individual’s ability to solve problems as they arise and will be the first point of contact for HR staff with any IT problems. The role holder must deal with routine issues relating to Oracle/P3, i-grasp, SDMS and HESA. They would have support in more serious/unique problems from the HR Systems Officer, however it is expected that the individual would use their initiative and present solutions in the majority of problems arising. The role holder will need to use tact and diplomacy and be aware of the sensitive nature of data held/used by the HR Directorate.
The roleholder will need to make decisions about the validity of the information produced for management reports, whether the information can be provided or whether the matter needs to be referred to the HR Systems Officer. Will need to make decisions, in conjunction with the HR Systems Officer, on interpretation of HESA rules and the application of these and will implement changes as required. Will make judgements on the quality of data in P3 and will highlight any issues to the HR Systems Officer.
Daily contact with the HR Systems Officer, HR staff and staff from other parts of the HR Directorate regarding basic information and advice on Oracle/P3, i-grasp and SDMS. Regular contact with Payroll and ICS on routine matters relating to the effective operation of the HR System. Regular contact with College secretaries, School secretaries and administrators relating to the provision of basic reports and information.
To ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of HR Systems in support of the HR Systems Officer, and to assist in the production of the annual Staff HESA return. To provide routine reports and management information, and to act as a first point of contact for any systems or technical related queries.
Summary of Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Strong IT skills – Proficient in MS Word ,Excel and Access.
Experience of working with large databases (data entry, data auditing and data correction)
Experience of running queries using database interrogation tools such as COGNOS
Experience of basic Web page maintenance using a Content Management System.
Experience of creating queries using database interrogation tools such as COGNOS
Experience of basic Web page maintenance using plain text editors such as MED
Excellent organisational skills, will need to be able to prioritise work and have a methodical and disciplined approach to work.
Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
Highly motivated outlook with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills and communication skills. The ability to deal with a wide range of people in a calm and professional manner is essential.
Experience in providing basic training/demonstrations for staff on IT systems
Be confidential about all personnel matters and personal information.
Any Additional Information
This is a permanent full time post.
Interviews will be held on 26 July 2012. University of Dundee - 10 months ago