Salary: 32 - 40K
In a world of change and innovation, Barclaycard is leading the way. Dynamic, vibrant and always looking for new ways to make payments simpler for our customers, we love success. Our people reflect this attitude in everything they do, and their dedication to innovative thinking means that we are looking forward to an exciting and profitable future.
We are looking for a UI Developer to join the team to code / program internet, mobile and other digital customer interfaces utilising appropriate coding languages, scripts and packages. You will work across multiple phases of software development within a project which may include:
- Working with business areas to obtain and clarify detailed technical requirements.
- Designing, coding and unit testing the most complex software components for new or enhanced digital systems to a high level of quality, producing appropriate documentation.
You will take responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programmes, which will involve Planning, designing and conducting tests of programmes, correcting errors and re-testing to deliver an error-free product. Proposing options to meet business area requirements and preparing cost/benefit for the business area to evaluate will form part of your role, as will reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors and service problems, limiting downtime and resolving the problem during project handover. You will also need to document all work in accordance with agreed standards and with re-use in mind.
What you will need:
· The jobholder must have a broad understanding of the business issues facing the Barclays Group as well as having a depth of understanding of a number of business issues and emerging trends in the IT industry relevant to user interface design and coding.
· Expert level skills in a relevant programming language(s) and relevant design techniques.
· In depth knowledge of CIO operational systems/processes is required. This makes the identification of system interfaces more efficient and prevents the duplication of data and processing.
· Must maintain a good working knowledge of the interfaces to other business and systems and infrastructure components to be able to assess risk factors of a development/change, specify changes and support other areas in their development/changes.
· Knowledge of the Barclays Group IT infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain that infrastructure are required.
· A strong awareness is required of current IT development and live systems, architectures, strategies and IT trends.
· A logical, analytical approach to problem solving and close attention to detail.
· Understanding and experience of SDLC (including testing) methodology and processes.
· Must have specific technical knowledge in one or more aspects of the IT profession, i.e. comprehensive knowledge of programming languages and operating systems.
From Europe to the USA, and from Africa and the Middle East to the Far East, over 23 million Barclaycard customers enjoy the benefits of our innovative approach to business. Dedicated to success, our strong international growth has laid the foundation for an exciting future where we truly drive solutions that make payments simpler for all of our customers.
What you'll get in return?
Join us, and we'll offer you training and development opportunities that support and complement your career aspirations. A competitive salary and attractive pension package are standard, and with private healthcare and great holiday entitlements, you'll enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry.
Barclays - 6 months ago
Barclays PLC (Barclays) is a global financial services provider engaged in retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking,...