[ Your browser does not support frames ]
Our client is one of the largest FMCG food processors in the UK and operates five sites across the UK, supplying the major multiples/Retailers with over 400 food products. Due to expansion they are now seeking Training /Integration Officer to join their HR team.
Reporting to the HR Manager you will be responsible for the following:
People - build our talent
- Act as an 'ambassador' for the company, ensuring business professional conduct, approach and personal presentation at all times
- To promote a culture of dignity and respect amongst staff
- To develop a working environment that is free from intimidation, harassment and bullying
- Develop a breadth of knowledge and understanding of the business to ensure training needs can be identified across all areas.
- Devise and deliver training workshops across all levels of the business
- Assist Departmental Managers to organize and facilitate factory based training and identify skills gaps
- Organise external training courses as required in conjunction with HR Officer / HR Manager
- To liaise with departmental supervision and ensure training needs highlighted by them are delivered accordingly.
- To ensure all S.O.Ps, Health & Safety & Company Policies are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure all paperwork documenting training given is completed and maintained correctly.
- To ensure all new employees and those changing jobs within the departments receive the relevant training which complies with the current Standard Operating Procedures, Health & Safety, Food Hygiene & Company Policies
- To ensure all new starters complete an effective induction programme and fully understand the contents of that programme, including to those who do not speak English as a first language.
- Ensure all new starters/temporary workers are effectively integrated to the site following induction and to act as a point of contact during the initial period of employment/work for all, including those who do not have English as a first language.
- Ensure the review programme is adhered to for all new starters/temporary workers and any training or development needs are identified and highlighted to the HR Manager.
- To co-ordinate & ensure that all training given is of the correct standard and the outcome is recorded correctly and all appropriate/necessary refresher requirements are carried out in a timely manner.
- Oversee ESOL on line training process
- Ensure accurate administration of training and development, including issuing joining instructions, preparing training aids, co-ordinating and checking attendance and equipment as well as maintaining and developing comprehensive training records for each individual.
- Provide translation services for any department that may require assistance
- To act as translator for all site activities, i.e. disciplinary issues, nurse visits and ensure confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues, in line with all HR policies and procedures
Deliver better, simpler, cheaper
- Update training matrices; deliver induction and other courses to the required level
- Deliver Literacy and Numeracy Testing and Training
- Deliver Food Safety Training
- Works with Group Learning and Development Manager and attends Group Training Forum to drive out consistent ways of working and share best practice
- Evaluate training interventions and oversee the NVQ programme
- Provided KPI statistical information on a monthly basis to HR Manager
Maximise profit and invest wisely
- Ensure that all training delivered is cost effective; liaising with HR Manager
Grow sales, innovate and be different
Knowledge & Skills/Qualifications
- Support the Management with developing, maintaining and safeguarding a high standard of customer service. Understand the customer Code of Practices and ensures all training complies
- Basic Training skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Literate & numerate, computer literacy IT skills for data input and documentations / reports, Microsoft Windows skills
- Ability to remain level headed under pressure
- Language skills, English, Polish, Portuguese (including ESOL/translation qualifications)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Job Type Permanent
Start Date ASAP
Salary c£23k + Excellent Benefits
Ref No: 186285-1499TH
Date Advertised 01 Sep 2012
Jobs Today - 8 months ago