Swedish to English
My client was established in 1987 and is a specialist localization/translation company. They employ 150 full-time staff at their headquarters in Cambridge (UK), Barcelona (Spain), Montpellier (France), Munich (Germany), Bologna (Italy) and Brno (Czech Rep.). They provide localization services to some of the best-known companies around the world, mainly in the IT field, but also other areas.
Thanks to the high quality of their language and technical services, they continue to grow even during these difficult times and are therefore adding more translators to their team. Position
Qualified technical translators and/or reviewers who are comfortable translating/reviewing from Swedish into English.
- Translating/reviewing software, online help, user documentation, websites, product specifications, etc.
- Editing machine translation output
- Translating marketing materials and white papers, and copywriting
- A degree in Translation, English, Publishing, Journalism or similar
- Above-average language and translation skills, a good writing style with accurate spelling and grammar
- Ability to work efficiently and to a high standard
- Ability to conform to glossaries and style guides and to make good use of tools
- Professional approach and commitment to quality
- At least 2 years professional experience as a technical translator, technical reviewer, technical author or journalist
- Familiarity with at least one translation memory tool (preferably Trados, SDLX, MemoQ, Idiom or Passolo)
- A keen interest in IT and new technologies
- Good team worker
TotalJobs.com - 9 months ago