Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Location: Costa Rica
Start Date: Jan, June, July, Sept 2012
Duration: 8/13 weeks
Raleigh International, a youth and sustainable development charity relies on teams of volunteer managers in project and field based roles to help run community, environment and adventure expeditions for young people (venturers) aged 17-24 from all walks of life. One of the roles we recruit for is the Spanish interpreter role.
Aged 25 to 75, common sense, flexibility, drive and team work skills
We are looking for Spanish speakers for our expeditions departing in June, July and September 2012.
- Willingness to be flexible and put the needs of the expedition and the venturers first
- Advanced spoken Spanish and English
- Have a high level of diplomacy - Interpreters play an important ambassadorial role for our organisation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The ability to manage a variety of demanding and sometimes conflicting responsibilities in a physical, remote and dynamic environment
- Display effective personal leadership and develop leadership skills of others
- Open to personal development concepts and willing to engage in own development
- Use of English/Spanish as a foreign language in a professional environment
- Experience of Latin American Spanish and culture
- Be able to teach basic Spanish and encourage the Volunteer Managers and venturers to communicate with local communities and project partners
- Experience of working with diverse groups of people from varied backgrounds and cultures
- Experience of travelling to or living in remote locations
Please note that all volunteer managers will be expected to make a financial contribution to the charity to help cover the costs on the expedition and pay for personal flights to and from Costa Rica. Further information can be found on the website in the aged 25+ section.
- Make a genuine difference to host communities and environments.
- Get off-the-beaten track!
- Experience a unique exchange of cultures and make long-lasting friendships
- Gain satisfaction from helping young people on their way to being the best they can be, developing your own confidence and learning many new skills along the way
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you would like to come to one of our open events to meet people that have been away as volunteers in the past with us then please sign up on the website.
OfficeRecruit.com - 10 months ago