£22,000 - £25,000 pa
Full-time, 37 hours per week
Maternity Cover Leave
- To identify, develop and promote practical, accessible ways of providing services to families with children under 5 throughout the reach area
- To deliver family support services to children, parents and carers
- To lead on one of the following themes across the Swindon programme: targeted support / participation & community engagement / volunteers.
Please give specific examples of how you have met the criteria in the Skills, Knowledge and Experience section of the person specification below in the supporting statement of the application form. This can be found on our website.
- To support the Children's Centre Leader in delivering a range of services in accordance with the Children's Centre Core Purpose, including leading on delivery of parenting programmes
- To supervise the work of the Children's Centre Family Support Workers
- To support parents, carers and children in achieving their outcomes through developing & implementing Family Plans
- To initiate and develop partnership working with internal colleagues & external agencies to fill the gaps in provision for groups who find it difficult to access services
- To take part in Team Around the Child (TAC) meetings, complete Common Assessments (CAFs) and act as Lead Professional if required (undertaking training for these where necessary).
Please note: The Recruitment Team will shortlist applications on the information that you include in this section. Please give examples where possible to evidence your attainments.
- The ability to listen to and involve young children and parents in decision making processes
- The ability to deliver accredited parenting programmes and group work.
- The ability to make informed assessments of need, and to formulate appropriate plans
- Basic IT skills to communicate in an office that uses Microsoft Office applications.
- BA / BSc degree or equivalent qualifications relevant to the post
- Understanding of social exclusion & experience of inclusive practice
- Work based knowledge of safeguarding and health & safety issues & practise.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button below. Please quote the above reference number in all correspondence.
- Substantial experience working with families and/or children under 5
- Experience of supervising paid, or volunteer, staff.
Closing date: 18th June 2012.
All recruitment documents are available in alternative formats. Please note CVs will not be accepted. You should apply for the role as stated above.
Charity Registration No. 221124
We strive to be an equal opportunity employer.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is no need to provide bank account details or payment to any person or organisation when applying for a job.
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team .
Mail Online - 11 months ago