Position - Nurse Advisor in COPD and Asthma
Location - Field Based – Exeter
Salary – Up to £32k plus car or car allowance, laptop, mobile, bonus, broadband, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, RCN and NMC registrations paid for.
Hours – Full Time
My client is currently one of the fastest growing healthcare service providers in the UK. They work with various charitable organisations in the fight against long term chronic conditions such as asthma, COPD, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
As a specialist nurse advisor you will provide support and education for patients and carers, including patient counselling and patient compliance with treatment.
You will spend time raising awareness of a specific disease among practice staff through appropriate education, independent advice and support.
You will work closely with GPs, PBCs and PCTs to support the implementation of local or national best clinical practice guidelines through a process of clinical audit, patient review, reports and feedback to practice staff and practical change management plans.
The Nurse Advisor role & responsibilities include:
- Work in a proactive manner to improve patient outcomes on specified projects within primary care
- Have experience in managing the disease area relevant to the area of practice currently working (minimum diploma level qualified) the nurse should ensure registration is maintained and knowledge remains up to date in that area
- Teaching and mentoring of both practice nurses & new members to the team will be a part of the role (the teaching diploma is an advantageous)
- The nurse will be expected to work at F grade level and above running clinics autonomously and be responsible for the passing on of relevant clinical information to the data controller within the practice (GP) to the patients best interest
- It is expected that the nurse advisor will communicate effectively with other team members, office & management staff along with our client companies and all practice staff members
- It is expected that the nurse advisor will demonstrate sound interpersonal skills with other team members, office & management staff along with our client companies and all practice staff members
- Part of the role will be to submit reports to the scheduling office and submit monthly paper work (expenses, hours log book, etc) it is expected that all required paper work is submitted in an accurate & timely manner
- The nurse advisor will work on projects autonomously and should demonstrate self motivation & enthusiasm to their work
- The role will involve flexibility with travel as nurse advisors do not work within a defined geographical boundaries and are required to travel outside of their local geography to meet business demand which may include the requirement to stay away from home on a regular basis
- The role will involve running miquest software and having the ability to use general practice computer systems
- The nurse advisor role will involve discussing individual patient note reviews to promote optimum care to the patients
- The nurse advisor will support & assist with the delivery of specialist chronic disease management clinics as well as run these clinics on their own
- The nurse advisor will provide the practice with an outcome report at the end of the event and will be required to submit event completion paper work to head office/upload of data to relevant parties
- The nurse advisor should remain impartial at all times and not recommend any specific treatments/or attempt to influence prescribing of any particular therapy
- The nurse advisor will be expected to attend team meetings and training sessions at regional and national level and contribute if required
- The nurse advisor should at all times respect patient confidentiality, adhere to the NMC Code of Conduct and maintain NMC registration through PREP requirements
The role holder should have experience in the following:
- RGN Part 1 NMC Register
- Diploma level qualified as a minimum (or working towards) COPD/Asthma
- Commercial experience is advantageous
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Experience in the use of general practice computer system is advantageous
- Current UK Full Driving Licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points
The Nurse Advisor cannot, and will not do the following:
- High professional clinical standards
- Good organisation & planning skills
- Sound communication skills
- Strong team worker
- Have the ability the find solutions to problems
- Motivated & committed to the role
- Sound commercial awareness
- Smart & professional appearance
- Sound interpersonal skills
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com
- Write prescriptions
- Recommend a specific pharmaceutical product
- Implement a switch service
Job Code :
Nurse Advisor in COPD and Asthma
Grade E Experienced Staff Nurse, Grade D Experienced Nurses
Negotiable (£30000 - £32000). Frequency: Annually. Frequency: Annually
UK Residency Required?
Registration with a professional organisation such as GMC/NMC/GDC/PIN/ABA
Type of registration?
Jobs4Medical - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard -