YH Training Services Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
productive and fun workplace
Military prep course (Former Employee) –  Barnsley8 November 2016
a very good place to go before you join a service in the military as it gives you a very brief idea what you would need to do and learn to join one of the military service to start your carrer in the sector
Pros
tell you how it is at what is you need to do to be accepted for the military standards
Cons
Very bad experience
Admin (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire2 August 2016
Some of their centres have a really good reputation, however the one I've had experience with is very bad.

Staff is rude, argumentative, condescending and speak to applicants in a terrible manner. I was shocked.
Pros
they're not the only training company in town
Management culture that will not let you do your job without interference
centre (Former Employee) –  Scarborough10 November 2015
Unsupportive senior management team who, ironically for a training provider, do not train their new staff to a level expected to be able to do the job

Some excellent staff who are unable to express their thoughts for fear of upsetting the senior management team
Pros
Excellent Wage
Cons
Lack of support
Typical Day
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ENG13 June 2014
My typical day at work would be to contact learners/candidates about local apprenticeships we have in the area and try get them booked in for pre-interview with a college of mine, i would then short list and contact the employers and try get interviews set up for the appropriate candidates.

I contact employers constantly to try gain more business for the company. As we have centres in York, Doncaster, Huddersfield and Hull i would also expand from just the Scarborough area and try and get as much business as i possibly can for each centre.

I have learnt a lot about 'selling' Apprenticeships to companies as i have picked up quite quickly how they work. i do enjoy my job but i enjoy engaging with the employers more than i do being sat in the office.
Company that gave me the opportunity to prove my worth
Adult Training Co-Ordinator - (Former Employee) –  York15 April 2014
Open and relaxed office. Employer enabled me to develop skills, Knowledge and experience of Welfare to Work. Offered an opportunity to return to full time employment after period of ill health