YELLOW DOT NURSERY Employee Reviews

Good first job for the experience
Tea Person (Former Employee) –  Otterbourne, Hampshire21 August 2017
I enjoyed working as part of the team at Yellow Dot. My job involved washing up, doing the laundry, cleaning the kitchen,emptying the bins and re organizing the storage area.
19 September 2017

Thank You for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed working with us. Working as a Tea Person is a great first job for a young person at School who wants to earn some money. Thank you for joining our Team.

Amazing place
Modern Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire15 August 2017
yellowdot is a lovely company that cares about children. they helped give me a career path during a difficult time. working with children is the most rewarding thing i have done. would highly reccomend this for their apprenticeship scheme.
Pros
fun, active, enjoyable
17 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are so pleased that you find your job rewarding. The Modern Apprenticeship is a great way to gain a childcare qualification. We are glad you found your time with us a positive experience.

Always has the best interests of the Children and Team
Support Team Member (Current Employee) –  Otterbourne, Hampshire10 August 2017
I have been with Yellow Dot for 16 Years and they have always been a caring organisation who has supported my career development from Nursery Nurse through to Manager. I have been supported through training and there is a culture of work-life balance.

The Director is passionate about inspiring outcomes for children and achieves this by employing people who like to smile and have the same passion for high quality childcare. The equipment that the Team and Children get in the rooms is high quality standard.

The Support and Development Practitioners ensure that regular training supports our Froebel approach and this training is also supported in the Nurseries, one to one in the rooms.
Pros
Summer & Christmas events, Pension, Career Development, Training, Support Team
Productive workplace
Tea Person (Former Employee) –  Otterbourne, Hampshire28 June 2017
I enjoyed working here as my first job but over time felt that the pay was too little for the amount of jobs i had to complete within the work hours. I became very tired after the shift and didn't enjoy cleaning as i wanted to work with the children.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours for little pay

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback is important to us and I would like to discuss some of the points you have made. Please contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk so we can try and help.

Worst job ever
Employee (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire23 May 2017
Do not work for this company!!
It is more like a production line!
Staff in staff out ...All they care about is ££ not you! You are just a number to them not a person.
Highest staff turn over.
Looking for a new job as I speak.
Pros
Nice fammiles. nice open planned nurseries.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no benifits, poort managment and support team (no support at all)

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. Your feedback is important to us and we would like to understand further. Please could you contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk so we can discuss and try to help resolve any issues as best as we can.

Horrible place to work
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hampshire10 May 2017
I found that everything was very unfair and i didn't enjoy my time there at all. I am currently looking for a job so that i can get out of there. I found the management unhelpful. Overall it was a very unfair environment.
Cons
Very long hours

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear that you feel you have had an unfair experience. I would like to discuss this further with you. Please contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk so that we can try to resolve your issues as best as we can.

Your just a number - huge staff turnover. Worse pay ever!
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 May 2017
The staff turnover is ridiculous.
Parents would comment all the time about 'oh another one leaving'
Personal problems are an inconvenience with no support from the management team.
Wage was the worst I've ever earn't No clear pay structure. No sick pay. Unpaid leave for a hospital appointment.. Have to pay for your DBS

Only lasted 6 months and left like everyone else.

Shame though - the children and families were lovely.
Pros
1 hour lunch break, Nice families to work for.
Cons
Low pay, huge staff turnover

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that your experience has been a negative one. I would like to discuss this further with you to see if there is anything that we can do to right any wrong. Please contact me on 07393 149 421 or on michelle@yellowdotnursery.co.uk.

Lovely
Nursery Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hedge End, Hampshire20 March 2017
Yellow Dot was my first paid job after graduating from university. The management and staff were supportive and helped me acclimatise to a new environment very quickly. I had to leave due to personal circumstances that management were not very empathetic towards. So I chose to leave rather than stay in what was becoming an unsupportive team. The management has since changed so my situation is no longer relevant to the new management which I am familiar with and know are more supportive of their staff's needs.
As a place to work
Nursery Nurse Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Hampshire31 January 2017
The company used to be a joy to work for, however, since it has grown the caring for the staff has gone. The staff turnover is now constant and finding new staff takes longer and longer.
Pros
the children
Cons
the hours and attrocious wages
Great company & great opportunities
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampshire29 November 2016
This is the most supportive company I have worked for and there are many opportunities to develop and progress within the company.
All Yellow dots are the same yet different but everyone's ideas are taken on board. You will always feel valued.
professional, supportive environment
Yellow Dot (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire29 November 2016
Yellow Dot is an outstanding company to work for. Always supportive and understanding. Inspiring potential in every child and practitioner. Work place is friendly, fun and inviting!
Passionate about childcare
Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  Hedge End, Hampshire29 November 2016
I worked for yellow dot when first starting out in nurseries, I have returned after 18 months away. Childcare is not standard, the level of care and expertise from yellow dot is second to none! Support and training is consistent and caring. A fantastic company top work for.
A caring company which wants the best for children and staff.
Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire28 November 2016
Lots of opportunities for training and professional development. The team is very supportive and welcoming. A great company to work for.
Friendly, caring company a great place to work
Practitioner (Current Employee) –  varied28 November 2016
A great place to work.Job satisfaction from working with the children and their families and giving them a firm foundation for learning.
Pros
Summer and Christmas parties
Cons
Can be challenging
Lead Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hampshire27 November 2016
Loads of possibilites for progression, really good perks and benefits. Fantastic managment team and lots of training oportunities. So many wonderful, talented people to get to know and work with.
Pros
Training & career progression.
Fun
Children's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler's Ford24 April 2016
During my short time with Yellow Dot I worked with both children in reception and under 5’s.
I learned to support the schools behaviour policy and acted as an appropriate role model, ensuring children’s individual needs were met at all times.
Fun Work Place
Nursery Assistant (work experience/placement) (Former Employee) –  Andover, ENG18 May 2015
Learnt New Skills.

Management - Positive attitude towards everything & always met the children's needs.

Co-Workers - Friendly, Approachable ,Chatty ,Helpful.

Hardest Part Of The Job - Being able to make an activity last without it going on for too long.

Enjoyable part - All the children were friendly and funny , very nice children and a joy to work with.
Pros
Long Lunch & Fun Place To Work In
enjoyable
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh, ENG19 February 2015
A typical day at work is putting on a load of washing and folding the flannels that will have just come out. Wile this washing is being done I wash up from he children (around 70 children). When This is done I wipe down all the kitchen sides, sweep and mop the floor. Then I take the load of washing I previously put in the washing machine and hang it up. When this is done I empty all the bins around the nursery. Once all this is complete which it usually is before my 2 hour shift is finished I ask my manager if there are any other jobs that need to be done. these jobs can including emptying box's or doing extra cleaning around the nursery. When there is nothing else to do I can go and help in one of the rooms and help with the toddlers and babies. Everyone I work with is very nice and makes me feel very welcome at work. I have learnt organisational skills and how to work as part of a team.
Rewarding workplace
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Baddesley, ENG5 November 2013
Working with the children, supporting their development and meeting their individual needs.
Pros
Helping children learn, develop and grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YELLOW DOT NURSERY. Our community is ready to answer.

YELLOW DOT NURSERY Reviews by Location